YZ graphics for a WR426....

5 replies to this topic
  • Ronin

Posted November 09, 2001 - 08:12 AM

has anyone applied a set of YZ graphics on their WR? if so, how much work was involved to get them to fit well? did the seat cover pose any problems or was it a simple solution to a simple problem?

thanks in advance,
Ronin

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 09, 2001 - 09:16 AM

The YZ/WR seats are not compatible/interchangable at all.

The radiator shrouds ARE identical, Ripley's Believe or Not...They are!!

Now what to do w/ the rest of the tank graphics? You could screw w/ them and come up w/ something, or just purchase WR graphics/seat cover.

Or go aftermarket tank & SDG/IMS seat, then purchase your YZ graphics...

• DOC

Posted November 09, 2001 - 11:28 AM

im sure that N-STYLE have a range of WR graphics to suit the larger tank. Don't mess with YZ stickers, or better still, buy a YZ seat/tank.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: DOC ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 09, 2001 - 05:14 PM

Ronin, The only problem you will have putting on YZ graphics on your sweet WR is the seat cover. If you had the YZ seat on your scoot then you would have no problem at all. The selection of WR graphics is pretty lame, my guess is that manufactures figure that since the WR is a bike for off road use and their owners wouldnt want to put graphics on their bikes. Anyhoo, If you want to I have a WR426 and I will gladly put on new graphics on it and polish it up to a bright luster in trade for any one of your Buell's. What do you say??? Hello? Hello? :)

• wayneoXCF

Posted November 10, 2001 - 05:26 AM

I just got the new catalog from Factory Effex in the mail. They have some new graphics for the WR's that go with the Blue/Orange look.
Check it out:

FX

Good luck!

• Ronin

Posted November 12, 2001 - 05:13 AM

Dan, let me think about trading you a Buell for a WR, but I really dont need two WR's. Hmmm, tough choice though.

later,
Ronin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.