Headlight on 86 xl600r? simple question

1 reply to this topic
  • 1986XXL600R

Posted June 28, 2006 - 04:46 PM

Working on my brothers old bike 1986 xl600r... it actually has a battery that works so I've been rigging up new tail lights and such with it not running... seeing as how I'm lazy, in barefeet, and its late (close neighbors + supertrapp...) I'm asking the venerable forum members who might remember: Does the headlight only turn on after it is started? Similar to my kawisaki street bike? Or the fact that I have no headlight with the key on engine off means I need to dig around.. yeah I could just kick it tomorrow but my mind works on sht all day at my boring job... it would be nice to think about something other than this headlight tomorrow...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted June 28, 2006 - 08:59 PM

you are in luck. the head light only comes on after the bike starts. the tail light comes on with the key.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.