First race on my new 06 yz450f results.

12 replies to this topic
  • Yamaman2007

Posted June 28, 2006 - 12:23 PM

MOTO #1
so i entered my first race a few weeks ago. i only race a few races a year i had a 250f and raced a few 125 c, races last year. well the time came to race my new 06 yz450f for the first time at our local track (because i have to catch that race)... and i thought i was ready because that friday the same weeknd of the races i rode with chad johnson, well one of his schools on that track. he went through everything on that track which helped greatly. so race day roles around, its not even 10 mins away from my house and guess who over sleeps??? me and my dad. so i miss practice but who cares i knew the track pretty well. well 250 c was way back in the race order so i had a long time to wait n get nervous. i get to stageing and and line up at the gate, im trying to remeber everything chad said for my starts n i must have done somthing right because GUESS WHO GETS HIS FIRST HOLESHOT!!!!!!!!(man i didnt know what to do when i got out front it was the awesomest feeling in the world!!!) i got the holeshot, got way out front, i started to fade cause i drink n party too much n 2nd place goes by me. i keep up with him and pull away from the rest of the pack and that was moto #1. 3rd place caught up by the last lab but i held him off.

Moto # 2, this one dosnt work anything like i wanted it to.. i line up in just about the same spot and just hopin to get out front again. well it dosnt happen i get a horrible start, got hung up with someguys and gotta mid pak start.. well i worked my way up to 5th place n on the last lap there was a kx 500 (dont ask me y there was a KX 500 in a 250 c class) infront of me and i blew by him on the huge straight we got on our track. so i finish 4th n it was national size championship trophy weeknd or somthing of the like so my 4th place trophy was huge.. i got some pics of me practicing with chad and not many racing but heres is a few pics below. ( i would sugest anyone who is close to wisconsin to catch this race, scotty b built it and said it IS the closet thing to red bud, millville or any national track u can ride it. I MEAN IT WAS HUGE the lap time was over 2:30)

First one is just me riding on the track a 180 corner.Cornering

Next one is me starting with chad Starts

3rd one is me in 2nd place no one around no one can touch me haha

4th is me gonna pass the kx 500 KX 500

5th is me finishin my 2nd MOTO 2nd moto

and finally a bluring pic of me n my trophy TROPHY BABY

THERE It is long post and all but im very proud.... peace all hope u enjoyed ill fill u in on my next one in mid july PEACE

• WFOracer

Posted June 28, 2006 - 01:02 PM

Nice work and cool pics. You forgot to mention the name/location of the track. I am in IL and MN all the time. You ever ridden at Hixton? I drive by there all the time on I-94.

Nice trophy too.....at least it's a two hander! :excuseme:

• 450GN

Posted June 28, 2006 - 01:17 PM

congrats and nice pics...
looks like not too many people on the track! must be nice

around me 250c class has about 15-20 per moto!

good job on the trophy aswell

• Yamaman2007

Posted June 28, 2006 - 02:03 PM

congrats and nice pics...
looks like not too many people on the track! must be nice

around me 250c class has about 15-20 per moto!

good job on the trophy aswell

Oh there was over 20 i think it was 24 in my class, check out this website for pics of crandon motocross http://www.imagesbye...oss&PhotoAlbum=

• barch88

Posted June 28, 2006 - 02:12 PM

Hey, what backgrounds you running? I want to get something like that (Same bike as you).

• Ga426owner

Posted June 28, 2006 - 02:35 PM

Hey is that the one Ind Hurricane helmet and Thor or similar yami yellow gear.....?
SWEET! :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 28, 2006 - 04:48 PM

i got the holeshot, got way out front, i started to fade cause i drink n party too much ...

There's a lesson there, no? Decide what's important.

• aedwards07

Posted June 28, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Sweet!Chad Johnson is the man.Hes soo down to earth.I met him every weekend during the National Arencross series.

• barch88

Posted June 28, 2006 - 07:08 PM

i started to fade cause i drink n party too much

Dude, why would you even say that? Alright, I will admit, Im a stright edge kid, never drink, never smoke, never go to parties. I would rather get good grades, stay home, go to gym, and ride my dirtbike. That way I will have a good career and I can save all that other stuff for when Im older, even though I don't even think I will. (Im a Senior this upcoming year BTW).

Your starting to sound like a average quad rider. :ride:

• stock510

Posted June 28, 2006 - 11:56 PM

Dude, why would you even say that? Alright, I will admit, Im a stright edge kid, never drink, never smoke, never go to parties. I would rather get good grades, stay home, go to gym, and ride my dirtbike. That way I will have a good career and I can save all that other stuff for when Im older, even though I don't even think I will. (Im a Senior this upcoming year BTW).

Your starting to sound like a average quad rider. :ride:

Whats wrong with him saying that?

At least hes honest about it, although if its stoping him from winning then he should wake up to himself.

Its OK to go out and have fun, as long as your not going out everyday friday and saturday night and getting drunk just for the point of it.

Have fun in life but if your racing is important to you then dont have a big night before your race. Not rocket science.

Cheers mate, good work on your holeshot by the way :ride:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted June 29, 2006 - 09:28 AM

Good job on your race. I am about to enter my first motocross race with my 450 and pretty excited about it. Big trophies look nice.

• Yamaman2007

Posted June 29, 2006 - 07:54 PM

Well when racing is just for fun on random weeknds and working 2 jobs all summer trying desperatly to pay off my 1998 toyota tocoma and my 06 yz450 i just racing when i want to have fun... and i party on the weekends because im out enjoying life, and you damn right every weekend i go out and party, (SEX DRUGS AND DIRTBIKES) you preppy school boy go study your books OR LETS RIDE!!!

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted June 29, 2006 - 10:34 PM

Well when racing is just for fun on random weeknds and working 2 jobs all summer trying desperatly to pay off my 1998 toyota tocoma and my 06 yz450 i just racing when i want to have fun... and i party on the weekends because im out enjoying life, and you damn right every weekend i go out and party, (SEX DRUGS AND DIRTBIKES) you preppy school boy go study your books OR LETS RIDE!!!

Do you even realize how retarded you sound? Why would you hit 'reply' on that post? Grow up, kid.

Doug

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.