WFO

2 replies to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted November 09, 2001 - 04:55 AM

does a 98 wr400f have a rev limiter like a two-smoke, or can it be overrevved? :D i really like to be able to just smack the throttle open and let this bike stretch it's legs, but want to make sure i won't blow it up in doing so. i don't think a four stroke will overrev to begin with without disintigrating all of it's internals, but wanted to make sure on how to ride my four-honey without hurting it. thanks.
p.s. i got a throttle stop for mine... i think it's for a 98? doees it matter? :) i'm gonna hack it down and install it. hope it makes a diff. at top end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted November 09, 2001 - 09:57 AM

Yes, the bike has a rev limiter, but it will blow up if you leave it pinned for too long. The rads won't be able to dissipate the heat quick enough, unless you're running Engie-Ice/good green coolant.
On the other hand, people desert race them at silly speeds, wide ass open, and they survive.
I say PIN IT!

• Bill

Posted November 09, 2001 - 03:16 PM

These bikes are known for their awesome torque. I say shift and let it pull like a tractor on steroids.

Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.