03 yzf450 to 06 wr50 frame?

6 replies to this topic
  • frmotorsports

Posted June 28, 2006 - 10:42 AM

Looking to swap my parts from my 03yzf450 to a 06wr45o frame. I know the motor mounts are the same with exception to the wider frame at the downtube but what about swaping the other parts over. Other than the kickstand mounts are there any other diffrences between frames? I Live in cali and would like to get green sticker/plate. Thanks for replys in advance

• frmotorsports

Posted June 28, 2006 - 08:28 PM

Any input? Please

• Yamaster

Posted June 28, 2006 - 09:04 PM

I think the subframe is different, along with the airbox. The main frame is the same, along with the engines top end and header/pipe (different pipes but will fit.) I think the forks are slightly thinner. I cant think of many other differences.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frmotorsports

Posted June 28, 2006 - 09:20 PM

I was thinking that if the stem and clamps fit in the frame all front suspension would work. Also would swap sub frames for air box and rear fender mounting. Anything else that I am missing? thanks

• Yamaster

Posted June 29, 2006 - 09:09 AM

That sounds like a better idea, the suspension on the wr's are undersprung and undervalved. I wish I had the money for a revalve... Anyway, are you going to keep the 18 inch wheel or use the 19? For trails, the 18 is better, more puncture resistant. Everything else use the 19. If you use the yz motor, I dont think the stator supports lights, so I dont know if the wr one will fit or if you will have to get another one. If you dont want to use the lights then no worries. And do you live in southern or northern cali?

• frmotorsports

Posted June 29, 2006 - 10:28 AM

I live in socal. Looking to get new stator and dualsport kit. Friend is a cop and will sign off on my inspection. Ill take mso and inspection report to dmv and see if i can get plate before buying other things. Hopefully in the end I will have a 06 frame with 03 parts and dualsport kit with green sticker and plate?

• Yamaster

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like you got it made with your friend as a cop. Good luck and keep us posted.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.