TT store and PMB "Silent" insert

4 replies to this topic
  • airhose

Posted June 27, 2006 - 10:59 PM

I am curious if anybody has a photo of their '06 WR450F exhaust with the PMB Silent insert installed? I want to know what it looks like. I am doing all of my shopping 7500 miles away from home and am wanting more details than the TT store will provide. I ordered the TT store AIS removal kit only to learn that the GYT-R kit is the one that I REALLY wanted. Sure would have been nice to have the TT store provide a BOM or a photo of the actual product at the very least. The photo of the PMB silent insert appears to be a stock muffler... that's great, but I want to see the actual insert. can anybody help? I have Googled for it but come up with multiple findings.
Thanks,
Airhose

• ADVnaut

Posted June 28, 2006 - 08:23 AM

The appearance of the stock exhaust is unchanged. This is what the insert looks like(only a little larger diameter).
Posted Image

As a side note, you will be a lot happier with the TT AIS kit. It way cleaner looking than the GYT-R kit. The throttle stop is a piece of cake to cut down and the jets will be taken care of when you buy a JD jet kit(mandatory in my opinion). Keep your head down

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted June 28, 2006 - 11:06 AM

I was curious before I bought it too. I found a useful photo on www.denniskirk.com for it. Just search there for exhaust parts for your bike. Its named something slightly different, but it is the same part.

Buy it!!! The stock exhaust tip (insert) is the most restrictive part of the muffler. The PMB has more than twice the flow area and the portion inside the spark arrestor is shorter which also helps flow (check out how it all fits together when you install the PMB. Also, the volume is loud enough that I wouldn't want more noise.

By the way, the GYT-R AIS removal kit is just fine. God bless TT, but people around here get a little carried away sometimes...

• odonnks

Posted June 28, 2006 - 11:19 AM

There is one in this 06.
Not a close-up but here it is.
http://i38.photobuck...ks/100_3418.jpg

• ADVnaut

Posted June 28, 2006 - 01:41 PM

By the way, the GYT-R AIS removal kit is just fine. God bless TT, but people around here get a little carried away sometimes...

The GYT-R kit looks like an afterthought, and the plugs have been known to come off the vacuum pipe(Detrimentally sucking in dirt). I'm posting pics of mine, you post pics of yours. He has already paid for the TT kit.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you didn't know it, you wouldn't think there ever was an AIS there, and it will not come off.

My $.02

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.