Cold Start Button?

6 replies to this topic
  • sk8man311

Posted June 27, 2006 - 04:51 PM

Do yall use the cold start button to start it fresh out of the garage?

Or do you just start it like normal without pulling the cold start?

Does it make any difference?

• kskyles

Posted June 27, 2006 - 06:50 PM

do you mean the choke?

if you are referring to the choke, then yes - i always use the choke on a cold start.

• red7

Posted June 27, 2006 - 10:50 PM

Yea, I always have to as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONLY4STROKES

Posted June 27, 2006 - 11:44 PM

I think you are referencing the choke. Yes, on colder mornings I use it after blipping the throttle twice. Blipping the throttle when the bike hasn't been started in a few days is good because it squirts a stream of gasoline into the accelerator pump to ease starting. Now that summer is here, I find that I dont really need to use the choke.

Doug

• ISBB

Posted June 28, 2006 - 12:22 PM

I follow the yamaha ritual... Choke.. 2 twists of the throttle, kick it thru twice while holding decomp... bring up and KICK... Fires first time everytime.. :excuseme:

• yzf250_616

Posted September 27, 2006 - 01:03 AM

i never touch the throttle but always use the choke. i recently snapped my choke knob thingy and am looking for another 1. i was trying to straighten it after an incendent in a race

• chancho196

Posted September 29, 2006 - 12:00 AM

Mine could be running a little rich because unless it's really cold, it fires first kick when cold, no throttle or choke. It's a cracking bike for starting unless it's really hot but then the hot start button works a treat (eventually)!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.