Which Edelbrock Needle Do I Use?

2 replies to this topic
  • jamestoo

Posted June 27, 2006 - 02:06 PM

Just taken delivery of my new pumper carb but before i tear off my stocker i need a head start in terms of needle choice herers the existing setup.

My XR650R is fully uncorked with drilled airbox cover, Notoil filter and OME backfire screen. In addition I’ve got oversize headers and an aftermarket exhaust can

My pig lives at 600 ft above sea level.

I’m currently running a 185 main jet with a 68s pilot jet in the stock carb. and it runs well.

Which needle would you recommend I use to start with in the Edelbrock? I presume # 21

Many thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ramcc4x4

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:28 PM

With my 2002 XR650R I had an open side panel, UNI filter, no backfire screen, White Bros header, "E" series pipe with 12 discs and a Hotcams stage 1 cam. I ran a #21 needle at around 16 clicks with the accelerator pump at "full pump" (completely turned into right). Prior to the Edelbrock I was running a 185 main and 70s pilot jet. I run between sea level - 1500 feet and had to lean it out a bit at 2500 +.

• jamestoo

Posted June 27, 2006 - 11:46 PM

Ok thats great thanks i'll try your settings and see how it goes

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.