Are the exhaust pipes the same on a 98 wr400 and a 04 wr450?

6 replies to this topic
  • MAXPOWER_WR_450

Posted June 27, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Are they the same? They sure look the same to me in the diagrams. Anyone?

http://shop.yamaha-m...ts/default.aspx

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 27, 2006 - 02:29 PM

Are they the same? They sure look the same to me in the diagrams. Anyone?

http://shop.yamaha-m...ts/default.aspx

They are very close........ I took the stock exhaust off my 04' and mounted it to my 99 400. All I had to do was elongate the rear mounting hole on the pipe. So the difference is slight and it's at the rear mount. If it's an FMF pipe with the hanger it shouldn't matter but I know that I would not be able to take my White Bros pipe off my 99' 400 and have it fit on my 450, the mounting hole is to specific and it does not give you any room for modification. Hope this offers some insight :excuseme:

• MAXPOWER_WR_450

Posted June 29, 2006 - 04:35 AM

So the first mounting hole is the same and it clamps on to the headpipe with no problem?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MAXPOWER_WR_450

Posted June 29, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Anyone?

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 29, 2006 - 08:48 AM

They are very close........ I took the stock exhaust off my 04' and mounted it to my 99 400. All I had to do was elongate the rear mounting hole on the pipe. So the difference is slight and it's at the rear mount. If it's an FMF pipe with the hanger it shouldn't matter but I know that I would not be able to take my White Bros pipe off my 99' 400 and have it fit on my 450, the mounting hole is to specific and it does not give you any room for modification. Hope this offers some insight :ride:

Yes, when you say "Exhaust" do you mean just the rear section, or does this include the headpipe? Thanks!

• MAXPOWER_WR_450

Posted June 29, 2006 - 09:38 AM

Just the rear section

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:58 PM

Not you Maxpower, it was DON who said he bolted an '04 exhaust to a '99. So, DON was is just the back half, or the whole exhaust system that fit?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.