Are GYTR Clutch components made by Hinson???

7 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:55 AM

I am waiting for a answer from Hinson - does anyone here know if Hinson OEM's the Basket, Inner hub, pressure plate and cover for GYTR?

• elcamino76

Posted June 27, 2006 - 07:08 AM

from what ive heard hinson does make the gytr clutch parts but im not 100% certain.

• grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2006 - 08:06 AM

GYT-R clutch componenets are Hinson parts.

• SureBlue

Posted June 27, 2006 - 01:45 PM

I was told by Bryan at Hinson that they stopped making the GYTR clutch components some 2 years ago :bonk: :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2006 - 06:04 PM

Well, that's interesting. But, I'll tell you this:

This is either a Hinson pressure plate, or an absolute direct copy of one. Hopefully, whoever's doing them now will be making them to the same specs as before.

• SureBlue

Posted June 27, 2006 - 10:26 PM

Agree, gray. Hinson or not, GYTR looks high quality. Though, Bryan at Hinson also said their coating is much stronger than the one GYTR parts have.

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 27, 2006 - 10:53 PM

The GYTR that I have from my 05 250f, when I removed it after a season of racing, it did not even have one scratch in it. basically clean the oil off of it and you could sell it for new. And I was not nice to the clutch either. It is in the 06 now.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 28, 2006 - 06:32 AM

Well I heard back from a Manny at Hinson - he told me that "back in the day" Hinson made the Clutch components for Yamaha. But today the Hinson line and the GYTR line are completely separate and Hinson has no OEM deal to make these for GYTR. I told him they are very very similar - he said they have copied the Hinson design with a few differences. The holes on the basket are angled vs straight as in the Hinson.
Not that this is important - but I always thought that they were made by Hinson, in fact my parts guy at a local Yami dealer also said this, but this is not the case.
GYTR and Hinson are great products - according to Hinson their coatings are different. This is the patented friction thingy that Hinson sells -
anyway I just was curious.....now I know :bonk:

Another tidbit: when I replaced my 03 stock clutch with the 01/02 fix (clutch plates) with the full Hinson set up, I have very little wear on my stock 03 basket/hub and pp. It was amazing after 3yrs of hard riding that the pieces look so good......tells me that if you ride it correctly and not abuse/use the clutch that these will last a long time....I am a non user/mini user of the clutch... :excuseme:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.