wr400 rattle

1 reply to this topic
  • haimesyboi

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:37 AM

hey, my good old 99 developed a nice lil engine rattle, i went in for a look and it turned out the exhaust side timing chain dampner (the one without the tensioner) has had the protruding locating nobble snapped cleanly off the dampner. does anyone have any idea where i could order a new one from, tht will deliver to the uk??? if this wasnt the problem, are there any other common faults which cause a rattle?? many thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluebike1999

Posted June 27, 2006 - 02:38 PM

try these guys and see if they freight to the uk

get your part numbers here

i believe the part you mean is this
8 5BE-12251-00-00 DAMPER, CHAIN 1 1

hope this helps.
dont forget to get a price from TT store or at least a recommended supplier in your area. how that for diplomatic?
good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.