WR450 06 Oil Level?

5 replies to this topic
  • no 27

Posted June 27, 2006 - 03:04 AM

Engine Oil Capacity?

Periodic oil change 1 litre
With new oil fitter 1.1 litter

The spare part bloke said to run 1.3 litres for periodic oil changes and 1.4 litre with new fitter.

Question?
What amount of oil do you run?

Cheers Greg

• walshy

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:44 AM

Engine Oil Capacity?

The spare part bloke said to run 1.3 litres for periodic oil changes and 1.4 litre with new fitter.

Question?
What amount of oil do you run?

Cheers Greg

I go 1 litre with no oil filter change :excuseme: or 1.1 with filter change. I would be interested to know if it is possible to add more oil. Does anyone know for sure?

• lixno

Posted June 27, 2006 - 06:30 AM

I also put 1 lt with no filter change and 1,1 with a new filter in my '03 WR. As far as i know there is no difference with the new models.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted June 27, 2006 - 10:11 AM

My '06 needs 1.1 litre with filter change. Without filter, it seemed to need closer to 0.9 litre. It is easier to add extra oil if it reads low on the stick after an oil change than to have to remove some...

• no 27

Posted June 27, 2006 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the information, I follow the owner manual amounts.

Cheers Greg

• Quick

Posted July 19, 2006 - 10:36 PM

Hey, what can happen if I ran to much oil, would it do serious damaged or just through the oil out somewhere with no damaged at all?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.