Anyone try Warp 9 wheels?

10 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted June 26, 2006 - 09:19 PM

I was thumbing through my Rocky Mountain catalog and saw these in there... $90 front or rear for a wheel! I wonder if the quality is anything even close to other wheels on the market given the low price...

• Zique

Posted June 26, 2006 - 10:09 PM

That's so crazy, I was going to ask the same question! I'm anxious to hear as well...

• Zique

Posted June 28, 2006 - 01:11 PM

Anyone? I may have to pioneer these after I balance the budget within the next month.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted June 28, 2006 - 02:21 PM

The rims are 89.95, not the wheels, they cost 349.99. My buddy has a rear wheel and has problems keeping the spokes tight. I mean he has to tighten spokes between every moto and every ride.

• Zique

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:36 PM

Did he just use his stock spokes, or did he purchase the new spoke set as well?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted June 29, 2006 - 02:06 PM

I like the name of those rims "WARP 9" I guess if they bend right away you cant sue them for false advertising :ride: If you get a set, watch out cause there is lots of knock offs floating around that are complete junk. Personally I would just spend a few extra bucks and get an Excel or Pro Wheel.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted June 29, 2006 - 03:03 PM

He bought a complete wheel

• Zique

Posted June 29, 2006 - 03:23 PM

Sounds like I'll be going w/ Excel. I'll just have to save a few more pennies.

• meltillis

Posted June 29, 2006 - 04:21 PM

I bough a rear 19" for my 426 from them. I have not had a chance to use it yet, though. Spokes are high quality as rated by my local shop who mounted the tire. Hope my disc doesn't "explode!" I am a hack though, who just rides trails pretty slow, so maybe not the best judge anyway.

• Zique

Posted June 29, 2006 - 08:31 PM

^^let us know how it turns out.

• DesertYZ

Posted July 16, 2006 - 05:39 PM

I just bought one this spring for a spare. I mainly ride or race desert with some motox. It has been great so far. Its been atleast as good as my stock wheel. I haven't raced with it this year but I have been riding the national desert courses and ride out by Little Sahara Sand Dunes. I typically run the Expert class when I race so I'm not easy on rims but this seems to be holding up just fine. It was killer for the price!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.