Dented Pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • Emiliano

Posted June 26, 2006 - 09:02 PM

Hello all, yesterday it was full of ice to ride, but I went any ways :excuseme:
The thing is that I fell of the bike and the pipe hit on a stone and is dented not too much, but it is, close to the oil filter.
I don't know, may be is in my mind, but the noise is not the same
Should I be worried?

• crfmatt

Posted June 26, 2006 - 10:08 PM

Fill it with water and freeze it. If it doesnt come out repeat the freezing. :excuseme:

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 27, 2006 - 04:01 AM

I saw a GYTR headpipe on ebay a few minutes ago for $49... Not sure if they'd ship to Argentina or not though.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 27, 2006 - 04:29 AM

These folks are masters at fixing these:Pacific Crest Pipe repair

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Emiliano

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:31 AM

Fill it with water and freeze it. If it doesnt come out repeat the freezing. :excuseme:

I read this before, but how do I plug the ends so the water doesn't come out?

• grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2006 - 08:56 AM

Fill it to 20mm below the most it will hold standing up like a "U" and stick it in the freezer that way. The ice will push in all directions, and doesn't need to be capped off.

• Emiliano

Posted June 27, 2006 - 09:06 AM

Ok I´ll give it a go, thanks a lot

• Emiliano

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:01 PM

The pipe is in the Freezer, I let you know how It went

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.