2007 Yamaha line-up ... big yawn

24 replies to this topic
  • 2wheels-drz

Posted June 29, 2006 - 01:05 PM

there is a lot of pressure placed on a company to be the first to introduce EFI, because any faults in engineering could mean major disaster :

people we already have EFI in europe!!!! gasgas fse 450, and it goes like stink and has had no probs wat so ever...

personally i want to pick up a white 07 yzf in a yr or 2 when efi has come out and prices are cheaper.....gerr its always a money thing!!

• zcookie49

Posted June 29, 2006 - 02:29 PM

yeah, and you also had the Cannodale with EFI sev years ago. Theres a reason that there has been a delay with it. I bet there are still some bugs in the system, whether mapping or what.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted June 29, 2006 - 06:35 PM

There arent any problems with EFI! There are plenty of maps to run. No manufacturer wants to spend the extra change to install it and raise the retail price, some of you are already complaining about a 100 buck price difference between the 06 & 07. Big deal, I just took my family to eat at a mediocre restaraunt and it cost 84.00 without the tip. Whiners. Their dilemna might be the batteries or E start but EFI and durability have been successful for years in bikes, jet ski's, snowmobiles, outboards, tractors, cars and trucks. I think nobody wants their model 300-500 dollars more than the competition. Gas went up more than a buck, shouldnt they be able to recoup some of their costs. Was your raise last year more than a 100 dollar one?

• jamiehughes

Posted June 29, 2006 - 07:46 PM

according to one of the bike mags(with pics) they showed at the japanese nationals that quite a few of the big 4 already had and were racing models with fuel injection instead of carbs.. i think we are gonna see it in the next year or so.

• tm_enduro

Posted July 01, 2006 - 09:22 AM

Funny, I thought that the new WRs were a big thing. I think Yamaha raised the bar for off the show roor floor performance for an offroad bike.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.