1/8 sputtering? i am crying for help

44 replies to this topic
  • duke2au

Posted August 27, 2006 - 09:02 PM

I know this is an old thread, but i felt like a had to commend "lavoie du christ" for his efforts in finding this problem. It read like you went through some real pain. I am going through the same problem and was amazed on how much our stories compare.
I too have a 03 wr450 with the same problem. After rejetting ,dynoing and asking "backyard experts", I can now get back to the bike after 2 weeks of it being in the "too hard basket" and fix the 1/8 throttle surge. Again thanks for your persistance.

I will report back :thumbsup: :ride: :applause:

• Poway1464

Posted September 23, 2006 - 10:19 PM

I have this same problem. Did it work for you?
Larry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lavoie du christ

Posted September 25, 2006 - 03:59 PM

Simple.. disconnect your TPS and check if your bike runs better.
If not, i guess you have to play with your jetting and make sure you dont have an air leak somewhere.

• wr450_21

Posted September 27, 2006 - 01:53 PM

i had the same problem on my 03 450 and it turned out to be my hot start o ring in the carb i replaced the hole thing and ran grate after that

• Poway1464

Posted September 28, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Well I have checked the TPS and it tests fine. The problem is still there - with or without the TPS connected. I guess I will check the Hot Start O-Ring, next. This is absolutely the worst POS I have ever owned. Simple jetting to who knows what. I have spent over a month, bought a JD kit and $260 and 2 weeks at the dealer. Still not resolved. I think it is getting worse not better.

I feel like going back to red.... :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.