03 wr 450 pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • bigblockchevelle

Posted June 26, 2006 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys, my 03 wr is Canadian and does not have any way of changing or removing the baffle in the pipe as it has the tip welded in. Would i benefit from a stock yz 450 pipe and if so, do i have to rejet the bike for it? thanks

• Yamaster

Posted June 26, 2006 - 08:26 AM

You will probably benefit from the yz pipe, you will also probably have to up the main. Get the pipe, do a plug check and jet from there. Black plug= too rich, white plug= too lean, tan plug= perfection. (Although I like to run my bikes on the darker side of tan so I'm not lean if I ride in lower elevations or temperatures.)

• AUS_WR450

Posted June 26, 2006 - 10:27 PM

Maybe you could consider looking at this very cheap modification I did, if you have the same pipe as the Aussie version.

To answer your question, yes I had to rejet to achieve the best performance from the bike.

WR450 muffler mod

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Looks450

Posted June 27, 2006 - 12:24 AM

I have gone a YZ pipe and i didn't have to rejet it. The yz pipe is a cheap and easy option

• bluebike1999

Posted June 27, 2006 - 01:49 AM

Maybe you could consider looking at this very cheap modification I did, if you have the same pipe as the Aussie version.

To answer your question, yes I had to rejet to achieve the best performance from the bike.

WR450 muffler mod

i did that mod too,
didnt rejet though, goes just fine, starts easier,sounds good
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00061.jpg
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00062.jpg

$30 all up.

• bigblockchevelle

Posted June 27, 2006 - 04:16 AM

thanks for the advice guys. this thing just feels like it needs to be opened up a little.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.