Suspension Help: 05 wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • Pisan

Posted June 26, 2006 - 05:08 AM

Hey guys just purchased an 05wr 450 completly stock. I am 6'1 205. My first few rides out I noticed the front end was real washy to the point where I had no confidence in any turn. It was pushing in every corner. I am coming off an 03 kdx 220 that was completely set up for me with all the engine and suspension mods. I just started researching and was wondering if I need to change the front springs? or if any tips on what I can do to get the front end to stick.

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 26, 2006 - 07:20 AM

The stock front tyre is a big problem.
The stock valving is soft for the WR's, get revalve, problem solved.

• odonnks

Posted June 27, 2006 - 03:58 PM

Had a similar problem in the wet stuff.
Raise the front forks up thru the clamps and drop the tire pressure. This helped me a good bit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.