426 with bent front rim.

7 replies to this topic
  • wattsy

Posted June 26, 2006 - 03:31 AM

Iv'e heard you can heat the rim up with heat and bend or bash it straight again. Anyone have any other ideas? :excuseme:

• Matty05

Posted June 26, 2006 - 03:42 AM

Put it in the vice.

How badly bent / dinted is it?

• wattsy

Posted June 26, 2006 - 04:05 AM

G'day Matty
Just hit a rock and one edge of the rim is pushed up prob 1 inch or so. Have you straightend them in a vice before, how did you go about it.

• Yama4Stroker

Posted June 26, 2006 - 05:31 AM

I just straightened mine out a week ago. It was the front rim and took the wheel and tire off and layed it on a hydraulic press and pushed it back little bit at a time. I got it fairly straight. Then went around and tighten/check all the spokes. Anyone you know have a press?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 26, 2006 - 07:13 AM

G'day Matty
Just hit a rock and one edge of the rim is pushed up prob 1 inch or so. Have you straightend them in a vice before, how did you go about it.

Yeah, take front tyre off and put where dint is in the vice. As Yama4Stroker says, you can get em pretty straight. As with everything, take it easy and keep an eye on it.

• gregwr450f

Posted June 26, 2006 - 08:27 AM

you can get them re-rolled, I have a big one on my rear rim but I'll wait till I get a few more before i get mine fixed $120 AU

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted June 26, 2006 - 12:03 PM

You can get a new front rim from Pro-Wheel for $70.

http://www.motosport.com

Doug

• wattsy

Posted June 26, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll give it a go.
Wattsy :excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.