Yamaha GYT-R Skid Plate??

3 replies to this topic
  • dsalvetti

Posted June 25, 2006 - 09:25 PM

Hey!

I'm looking for a pretty "clean" looking skid plate for my '06 WR450 and found the Yamaha Enduro Plate. Looks pretty nice! Does anyone have this? What do you think?

The other one that I like is the Devol skid plate... called them and they said that they haven't tried it on an '06 yet so they couldn't guarantee the fit. If the Yamaha plate fits '03-'06, shouldn't the Devol plate that fits '03-'05 work?

Thanks!
~Dave

• k69mj

Posted June 25, 2006 - 10:41 PM

If it is the same they sell in Europe don't buy it. It does not offer much more coverage than the stock guards, and the fit isn't really good (too long bolts that come with the guard, it mounts on the wrong places, the hole alignment is not very good). And the thing is loud.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sidewinder2

Posted June 26, 2006 - 01:15 AM

I've got the Devol skidplate on my 06 WR450. all the holes line up perfect with the factory holes, bolted right up. 2 of the screws supplied with the skidplate were to short so I made a trip to the harware store and got longer screws. Satisfaction= 10 :excuseme:

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 26, 2006 - 04:12 AM

Ive got the GYT-R plate and like it. I havent had any other to compare it to.

John in Vegas

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.