NO... Didn't imply he was at all....

• Drunken Monkey

Posted June 30, 2006 - 06:49 AM

NO... Didn't imply he was at all....

Hahahaha, yes you did!

DR-Z = Gay!!! :ride:

• ARin

Posted June 30, 2006 - 09:41 AM

Try to rejet your bike with an AL frame blocking the carb.
FEEL the vibration coming up through the ULTRA Rigid aluminum while you are on rocky ground.
Get 25 miles from the truck, and then turn back around and get home before you run out of gas.
Catch the tip of your boot on a root with the new lower stance.

Look guys, i understand that they are ALSO improving a lot of things...the suspension for instance, is always being improved...but i just dont see the benefit in some of the other so called advances.

and no....no drz's for me.

• Triumphs

Posted June 30, 2006 - 10:29 AM

If we were opposed to every change that was made to the off road bikes we would still be riding XR's and 650 Husaberg's and Husqvarnas.

What's not to like about a 650 Berg except maybe it price? 239 lbs with a happy button and lights, 59 hp, premium suspenders, components and now warrenty!Hmmmm. Come to think of it.....%@*! the 2007 WR! he he. :ride:

• Triumphs

Posted June 30, 2006 - 10:42 AM

Around here the KTM's are only about 10% more expensive. (and 50% better :ride: ).

Yeah...I read that in the KTM owners club newsletter too! :ride:
But the poster is right about the price difference to a WR there. Here a couple hundred bucks...there almost a couple thousand. KTM Canada must be smoking crack...or perhaps their customers for paying $10 k + for an orange dirt bike! :ride:

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:14 PM

FEEL the vibration coming up through the ULTRA Rigid aluminum while you are on rocky ground.
Get 25 miles from the truck, and then turn back around and get home before you run out of gas.

Some people really don't deal with change well. You and my Gramps would get along great. I'll apologize in advance for the flame, but I think your post warrants some retaliation.

Too rigid of a frame? Give me a break. Ride a Honda 450R on a track or an X on the trails, you won't be complaining. I agree with adjusting the carb, that's part of why I'm in favor of EFI. That would have pushed me into buying a new WR.

I agree the gas tank is small, but it's good for close to 100 miles, not 25. Not all of us want an Exxon Valdez motorcycle with a 6 gallon tank. To each their own. I personally would take the better ergos of a small tank.

Catch your boot tip because of the lower stance? Wow you're really reaching now.

The no DRZ's comment was about the only intelligent part of your post. :ride:

• TWILES

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:20 PM

Look guys, i understand that they are ALSO improving a lot of things...the suspension for instance, is always being improved...but i just dont see the benefit in some of the other so called advances.

I get the jetting part. I rode and raced 2-stroke quads for years and getting to the carb was a bitch to say the least. If you are wanting to ride something that is going to require maintainance constantly on the carb, get a 2-stroke or just leave the carb alone. Mine is not perfect all the time but here where I live I've had the stock needle, 48 pilot and 170 main basically since I got it and I can handle it not being perfect all the time. I got the bike to ride. I agree about the gas tank. You'd think since its an off-road bike it would hold enough gas to go more than 40 - 50 miles. Fortunately where I live, 50 miles of riding and I'm dead plus I'm never really that far from the truck. I'd imagine that in the desert 25 miles out isn't that far. 25 miles here and your in another town.

• TWILES

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:23 PM

I agree the gas tank is small, but it's good for close to 100 miles, not 25. :ride:

I'm glad you can get 100 miles. Mabey at idle. 50 is the best I have EVER gotten on a tank.

• ARin

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:26 PM

Some people really don't deal with change well. You and my Gramps would get along great. I'll apologize in advance for the flame, but I think your post warrants some retaliation.

Too rigid of a frame? Give me a break. Ride a Honda 450R on a track or an X on the trails, you won't be complaining. I agree with adjusting the carb, that's part of why I'm in favor of EFI. That would have pushed me into buying a new WR.

I agree the gas tank is small, but it's good for close to 100 miles, not 25. Not all of us want an Exxon Valdez motorcycle with a 6 gallon tank. To each their own. I personally would take the better ergos of a small tank.

Catch your boot tip because of the lower stance? Wow you're really reaching now.

The no DRZ's comment was about the only intelligent part of your post. :ride:

25 miles away from the truck and turning back is 50 miles. math.
nobody here is getting 100 miles out of a tank, even the bigger older ones.
Ive caught my boot tip even with a taller 2004.
ive ridden the crf450x and i think it feels like shit.

what is going on around here?? are we not allowed to have personal opinions anymore??

I just personally do NOT like the direction that the offroad bikes are going...its just an opinion....dont attack my INTELLIGENCE....

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:29 PM

I do have a bigger tank than 2.1 gallons, but you only get 50 miles? Somethings not right unless you have that thing pinned the whole time.

I have an IMS 3.3 gallon and I can get 100 miles out of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted June 30, 2006 - 02:20 PM

jesus man, stay with me please.

I GET MORE THAN 50 MILES because I DONT HAVE A NEW TINY TANK YAMAHA.

but doesnt it seem odd to you that every few years they decrease the range of these bikes????

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 30, 2006 - 02:40 PM

but doesnt it seem odd to you that every few years they decrease the range of these bikes????

They did it because all the magazines bitched and whined about how big the tank was on the '03/'04. I routinely get over 100 miles on my '03 with an IMS tank. I run a YZ tank on my '04 (1.85 gal) get right at 50 miles from it but it's dry! The point is that there are plenty of good aftermarket tanks for the '06 YZ and I'm sure there will for the '07 WR as well. If it's like the '06 YZ the frame geometry and handling will potentially be light years ahead of the '06 WR though we won't know for sure until someone gets to throw a leg over it. No one bike fits everyones needs. If you don't want an aluminum frame then go buy a Husky or a KTM. Personally having ridden an '06 YZ I'm really looking forward to the new WR.

• 04450wrF

Posted June 30, 2006 - 04:02 PM

25 miles away from the truck and turning back is 50 miles. math.
nobody here is getting 100 miles out of a tank, even the bigger older ones.
Ive caught my boot tip even with a taller 2004.
ive ridden the crf450x and i think it feels like shit.

what is going on around here?? are we not allowed to have personal opinions anymore??

I just personally do NOT like the direction that the offroad bikes are going...its just an opinion....dont attack my INTELLIGENCE....

what is there to attack?
u say you dont like little tank which is same size.
50 miles return is 80km then say no one get 100 miles.??? do you ride around truck for 50 miles MATH?

and not yamaha fault you ride with heels on.
maybe take up trials riding. not that there anything wrong with that.....
my word you are sensitive, sure you not gay, gun boy.

• Assassin

Posted June 30, 2006 - 07:32 PM

you just have to look at the sales difference between the WR's and YZ's to realise that they have to change to Aluminum frame or get left behind. They are selling a lot more YZ's because everyone waiting for new WR.

the '03 is practically the exact same bike as the '06. That is 4 years being stale. It was a good bike in '03, but time to move on.

All the oldies can buy all the second hand steel frames, so by judging all of the people here, the resale value of my bike just went up!

• mjslim

Posted June 30, 2006 - 07:40 PM

hey o4450wrf,
u not understand Arin math. and u not understand in America u allowed to have gun, and u also allowed to express opinion. me not have gun, but me respect Arin's right to own gun, and me respect his right to opinion. Arin live in USA, he have gun, he have opinion. sorry if u think he gay.
u live in New Zealand, u can have kiwi..........

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 30, 2006 - 07:52 PM

Hey I'm an old guy and I want the aluminum frame! Contrary to legend aluminum framed bikes are not appreciably lighter than their steel counterparts but more importantly the use of aluminum allows for a design which carries the weight much lower on the bike. We'll have to wait until later in the year to see if Yamaha got it right on the first go or if it will take some refinement. One thing is for sure you will never see another steel framed YZ or WR.

• Just034

Posted June 30, 2006 - 07:54 PM

what is there to attack?
u say you dont like little tank which is same size.
50 miles return is 80km then say no one get 100 miles.??? do you ride around truck for 50 miles MATH?

and not yamaha fault you ride with heels on.
maybe take up trials riding. not that there anything wrong with that.....
my word you are sensitive, sure you not gay, gun boy.

Was this supposed to make sense? I thought they spoke english in NZ, I guess I may be wrong.

• Assassin

Posted June 30, 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hey I'm an old guy and I want the aluminum frame! Contrary to legend aluminum framed bikes are not appreciably lighter than their steel counterparts but more importantly the use of aluminum allows for a design which carries the weight much lower on the bike. We'll have to wait until later in the year to see if Yamaha got it right on the first go or if it will take some refinement. One thing is for sure you will never see another steel framed YZ or WR.

The '05YZ's were perfect, the '06YZF's were perfect, why not '07 WR's?

I already laid down cash deposit on a new one!

• ARin

Posted June 30, 2006 - 09:49 PM

hey o4450wrf,
u not understand Arin math. and u not understand in America u allowed to have gun, and u also allowed to express opinion. me not have gun, but me respect Arin's right to own gun, and me respect his right to opinion. Arin live in USA, he have gun, he have opinion. sorry if u think he gay.
u live in New Zealand, u can have kiwi..........

bahahahaha!

im really not understanding why everyone is getting their panties in a twist about my opinions....

• clark4131

Posted June 30, 2006 - 10:21 PM

im really not understanding why everyone is getting their panties in a twist about my opinions....

Come in from the cold my brother...we will smoke the peace pipe and talk of better days...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.