Backfiring on decel help guys

5 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys, I had my bike jetted according to the stick above for 06 450's and had the ais removed, upon decel she would backfire, I got it to stop by turning out the storm fuel screw 3 turns, I was told i need to put in a bigger pilot jet to fix this, I put in a 50 PJ and it's the exact same thing, should I go bigger again? Im afraid to leave my mixture screw out that far as it feels like it may fall out (it's loose that far out, not much spring tension left). what should I do next? I also tried to move the needle up (clip down to position 4 on stock needle) with no difference either, also disconnected TPS, still same effect. should I go up to a 52 pilot? my plug looked black on the inside rim but my electrode was nice and light tan,

• clark4131

Posted June 25, 2006 - 07:07 PM

Check ALL your exhaust connections and your carb boots...SC

• Matty05

Posted June 26, 2006 - 03:19 AM

When I had that problem, the vacuum plate on the carb slide was up side down.
Take your carby off and the half moon cut out should be on bottom BOTH sides!

I got a spare 52 pilot jet if you want it. I dont need it any more! :excuseme:

Funny thing is, I got it to run quite good..........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodjy

Posted June 26, 2006 - 02:21 PM

Is your hot start completely off? Any leaks between the carby and cylinder? Float level too low, exhaust leaks, blocked pilot jet, blocked carby breather.

• MountainMax

Posted June 26, 2006 - 05:33 PM

I checked all that stuff, it's all good, However I remember looking at my slide and there was a half moon shape on only one side (bottom) of my carb slide, you say it should be on both sides? i never done anything with it?

• Matty05

Posted June 26, 2006 - 05:45 PM

I checked all that stuff, it's all good, However I remember looking at my slide and there was a half moon shape on only one side (bottom) of my carb slide, you say it should be on both sides? i never done anything with it?

Should be on bottom, front and back.

The vacuum plate can fit upside down, with half moon cut out on top.
why they would make it like that, I don't know?

Correct orientation:
http://www.pbase.com.../image/25566144

It will definately give you these symptoms you are having.

Read this for a laugh!
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=340111

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.