roadworthy XR650L ?

5 replies to this topic
  • aaaskeety

Posted June 25, 2006 - 03:21 PM

Howdy Ya'll,
I recently purchased a 05' XR650L with the following mods; Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit, Big Gun Exhaust, and K&N filter. The gent it was purchased from kept the stock items as part of the deal to resell. The bike seems to run fine and has plenty of power for a old fart like myself, although I have one question to pose? Would this bike be a better on-road machine w/ the stock components ?

Thanks ahead of time !

• Rockcrawlintoy

Posted June 25, 2006 - 04:03 PM

i have one that is pretty stock and i am doin mods to it that you have. it will run better with them

Drew

• Boy named sue

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:04 PM

stock will get better fuel milage but it is lazy to say the least

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ferdinand

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:24 PM

How you ride it makes a bigger difference in gas mileage, then the carb mods.
Using stock sprockets (15-45) and conservative throttle you should still get anywhere between 45-50mpg road riding :excuseme:

• Rockcrawlintoy

Posted June 26, 2006 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for all the replies ! Looking forward to traveling some old roads and finding/making some new ones.

please done make new ones. that helps get stuff closed down

Drew

• Motosprtman

Posted June 27, 2006 - 06:54 AM

Actually - uncorked on the street it runs better and lazily loafs along at 55-60MPH and also arrives at the speed easier too. Acceleration is improved and the bike runs cooler. Stock it is stuffy and inhibited, but the milage is better. I run mine about 60/40 street and dirt, it is uncorked with a dynojet main 165 and a 55 kehin pilot, White Brothers E2 pipe, Uni filter, snorkle and smog junk removed. It pulls like a freight train on steroids.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.