Parts sources...

10 replies to this topic
  • radish150

Posted June 25, 2006 - 12:42 PM

I have little experience buying mc parts via mail order, usually go to dealers but have heard about "Japanese suppliers" that are sometimes half the price of us dealers. I´m going to be ordering some oem parts soon, anyone have any good suppliers to pass along?

• kyle450rider

Posted June 25, 2006 - 01:23 PM

Good question.I have brought this up many times before on this board.Yamaha oem parts are really expensive.I ride a honda now but will be buying a 07 yamaha.Most mail order places that sell oem are expensive.I have also noticed that the price is really high at some places compared to others.Im sure that somebody on this site has the hookup for oem parts but wont give it up.

• Speedracer747-400

Posted June 25, 2006 - 01:45 PM

Cheapest place I have found is the Thumpertalk store. :excuseme:

• 642MX

Posted June 25, 2006 - 04:11 PM

2 best places are the TT OEM store and

• radish150

Posted July 07, 2006 - 07:41 AM

Well'a, thanka kindly :ride:

Elvis. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtgood1

Posted July 07, 2006 - 08:22 AM

I have ordered from and have saved alot of money and good service.

• Fastest1

Posted July 07, 2006 - 08:29 AM

Besides TT, North County Yamaha is about the best I have seen, in stock and less expensive than most.

• Birdy426

Posted July 07, 2006 - 10:43 AM

TT store is by far the for a complete rebuild (crank, gaskets, seals, valves, springs, retainers, and a whole bunch of other stuff...from the dealer about $1600 US. From the TT store about $900.00.

• JJHayesIII

Posted July 07, 2006 - 11:21 AM

I just ordered parts for a complete rebuild, and found that the TT store ( and University Motors ( cheapest...can't say either have been very fast with shipping though...

• radish150

Posted July 08, 2006 - 08:22 AM

Yes, maybe TT is cheap, but seems every time I call them on something they are out of stock, so I go I allways end up going somewhere else.

• Birdy426

Posted July 08, 2006 - 08:59 AM

Yes, maybe TT is cheap, but seems every time I call them on something they are out of stock, so I go I allways end up going somewhere else.

Dude-Give them a day or two to get it. They will. My experience is it usually takes Harry 3 or 4 days to get the whole order together, then he ships it out. I mean, ya gotta wait for it anyway if you order from the dealer, and you're going to hav to wait for anything you order to clear customes anyway if it's not in a local warehouse...

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.