2004 WR450 Plumbing

6 replies to this topic
  • Bullwinkle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 04:39 AM

Bought a new 2004 WR450F last Saturday. (Yea new, dealer still had two in the crates.) I've been reading here all week about the free mods and other upgrades and have a question. The AIS removal kits for sale (both on this site and by Yamaha) specifically say they are for '05's and '06's. Is the plumbing substantially different on the '04? (I did notice my air box does have the two indentations.) Any info on mods specific to the '04 would be greatly appreciated by an old guy who's been out of the dirt for (quite) a while.
:excuseme:

• drewpeacock

Posted June 25, 2006 - 04:58 AM

No AIS for our bike. :excuseme: All I did was cut the throttle stop, cut the grey wire and remove the baffle. If you plan to go through deeper water it is recommended to run the oil breather tube to the airbox. Welcome to TT.

• OneToGo

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:33 AM

Bought a new 2004 WR450F last Saturday. (Yea new, dealer still had two in the crates.)
:bonk:

Welcome to and enjoy the WR.
Right, 05 aand 06 are the AIS fitted bikes - a few upadtes trickled in those years as well.
Hope you got a VERY Good Pri$e on the 04!
Cheers :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sorbs

Posted June 25, 2006 - 12:32 PM

Think Rekluse with rear brake kit, jetting, YZ throttle stop and trials rear rubber too. That's it. Enjoy!

• AUS_WR450

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:29 PM

Here's a link to what we generally do to help prepare our Aussie 04 Wr450's for the trail.

WR450 Trail Preparation

• AUS_WR450

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Think Rekluse with rear brake kit, jetting, YZ throttle stop and trials rear rubber too. That's it. Enjoy!

Here is how a fellow Aussie did the rear brake conversion.

rear brake conversion

More info regarding the conversion

• Bullwinkle

Posted June 26, 2006 - 12:55 PM

Thanks guys - this site kicks ass!
:excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.