Thanksgiving at stonyford

24 replies to this topic
  • MONTY

Posted November 07, 2001 - 02:51 PM

Ok I talked to the rangers today and they said davis flates will open on thanksgiving day YA-HO so ever one that is planing on going for the yealy t-day camp out and rides let me know I'll keep check with the rangers and make sure nothing changes.
monty

• SFO

Posted November 07, 2001 - 05:42 PM

Heya Monty!
I think our group is camping at little stony.
We expect around ten riders.

• MONTY

Posted November 08, 2001 - 06:40 AM

Ok SFO maybe we can hook up, I'll post with details when we get all done.
monty

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: MONTY ]

• John_in_Granite_Bay

Posted November 10, 2001 - 07:36 AM

Monty,
That's great news. I would like to join you if you're still riding on Saturday. Will take some logistics for me as I will be visiting family in Shasta and will have to find alternate transport for me or my wife and kids back to Sacto area. If Saturday is on I'll try and figure something out. I'll also email Roseville Mike and see if he is interested.

Johnny

• MONTY

Posted November 10, 2001 - 04:40 PM

John we will be ridding all weekend friday,sat,sunday,Ya'll come on down
monty

• MONTY

Posted November 16, 2001 - 10:18 PM

More rain at stonyford this week that will make it some of the best riding all year over the thanksgiving week end.Talk to the ranger today and davis FLAT is still on for T/D\.
MONTY :D :D :) :D

• SFO

Posted November 16, 2001 - 10:43 PM

Our group will be at lower letts, I was just informed.
Wednesday through Sunday.
Stop in for a meal, beer, or cocktail...
Going to forrest hill with streich tommorrow.
Bill

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted November 16, 2001 - 10:57 PM

Sorry guys, I can't make it. I will be laying on a beach on the Kona Coast enjoying beach and the sun with my family.

Mike in Roseville

• MONTY

Posted November 16, 2001 - 12:56 PM

SFO are you camping at mill valley or at letts lake bring lots of blankets,it gets cold up there this time of the year,but it's a nice camp ground hope to see you up there.
monty

• SFO

Posted November 19, 2001 - 06:11 AM

I was told we are camping at lower letts lake campground.
I look forward to seeing you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tom14911

Posted November 19, 2001 - 07:06 AM

Just got back from my weekender up at Stony. Stayed in a cabin at Board Camp up near Letts Lake. It was cold with ice on the puddles. What great riding weather!

My quads are burning today so I know I had a good time. Wow my stabilizer investment was worth its weight in gold!. Trail 3,4, 6 and all the 32,33, 35, 36, 43 area is where we rode and it was GREAT. You guys will have a great time!

Tom

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted November 19, 2001 - 07:10 AM

Monty,
The last time I was at Grizzly flats I had a pretty good crash in some sawed off manzanita. Luckily I didn't get hurt, but my radiator got tweaked. Well I didn't realize how tweaked until yesterday. It's got a couple of good stress cracks in it. Doesn't look good. Thinking about sending it to Mylers. Definetly needs to be repaired.

Mike

• PMAUST

Posted November 20, 2001 - 09:40 PM

Who is going up and When? Mike in Silicon Valley if you want to come up, I can bring a spare bike for you to ride. I can bring the KTM and the WR. My WR is running really good. So don't let not having a bike stop you. :) Paul

• SFO

Posted November 21, 2001 - 06:10 AM

Any of you going to have cell phones?
Distinguishing marks?
How do we organize?
Bill

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted November 21, 2001 - 06:56 AM

Paulie,
If you're serious about the loaner I'll definitely take you up on it. I think I'd feel better riding the KTM though....... :) . Let me know. I'd be coming up early Saturday morning for a day ride.

Bill,
My cell # is (408) 230-0804. If you haven't already hooked up with the gang by Saturday morning give me a call and we'll meet!

Mike

• MONTY

Posted November 21, 2001 - 06:57 AM

SFO my cell phone is 707-479-2742 (monty) i'll be in davis flats white ford F350 patio hauler trailer,If you want to come on down and camp with us.We can hook up friday morning at the top of potatoe hill above mill valley camp ground around 10;30 to 11;00.
monty

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: MONTY ]

• Howard_Huge

Posted November 21, 2001 - 08:25 AM

Hey Mike don't forget to bring your custom seat off of your bike :)

• MONTY

Posted November 21, 2001 - 10:39 PM

Silcon Mike your still coming arn't you? Paul is bring a extra bike for you to ride, so bring your seat it's a WR400.
monty :)

• SFO

Posted November 21, 2001 - 01:03 PM

Lower Letts is closed til tommorow, and the ranger discouraged its usage.
We are back to lil' stony.
Denise(my ol' lady) # is 1-415-336-4052.
We are leaving tommorow morning.
One crew is already there with a 34' adventurer moho.
Black ranger pickup, Green neon, and assorted yz's and ktm's.
Y'all are invited!

• PMAUST

Posted November 21, 2001 - 05:14 PM

Hey guys, my cell number is 916 769-9143. See you up there on Saturday. Mike, like Monty said, I will bring a bike for you. Paul

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.