best engine oil?

3 replies to this topic
  • TheSacrament588

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:35 PM

I'm trying to find the best engine oil and filter for my 06 wr450 right now i have the stock oil filter in and i ma using maxum4 premium 10w40 oil what would guys say the best oil to use is I'm thinking of getting some AMSOIL but i read not to use a full synthetic oil until about 500 miles and right now I'm at about 300 so what would you guys say? :excuseme: thanks

• byggd

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:40 PM

You will find over a dozen threads on this and a TON of opinions but my vote id for Rotella synthetic

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted June 24, 2006 - 11:17 PM

Amsoil is a true POA (polyalphoalefins, also called synthesized hydrocarbons) group IV synthetic oil. I use it and highly recommend it. I switched to Amsoil at 400 miles and could've done it sooner. Engine is well broken in and burns no Amsoil now at 10000 miles. I use a reusable Scott's Micronic stainless steel mesh in billet aluminum oil filter, and change oil every 620 miles. (1000 Kms)

• odonnks

Posted June 25, 2006 - 03:16 AM

I have a very good pdf on motorcycle oil comparasons. Of course its published by Amsoil but it is very imformative.

Go here and select the G2156 - Motorcycle Oils White Paper
Its the 3rd from the bottom.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.