left turn, engine revs...

5 replies to this topic
  • johnnyjeep

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:08 PM

It seems that everything I have done to my bike has taken the hot start farther away from the carb, so now the rpms increase at full left turn. I have the BD D/S kit which raises the hot start a little and today I installed my pro taper bars and scotts stablizer which puts it out farther on the bars. I loosend the cable adjuster as far as it will go on top, but is there another adjustment that can be made by the carb?

John in Vegas

• kc55555

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:22 PM

Are you sure it is the hot start and not the throttle cable being to tight?

• Yamaster

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:23 PM

If you turn your bars and it raises the idle, your throttle cables might be too tight. With your bars all the way to the left, do you still have play in your throttle tube?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450high

Posted June 25, 2006 - 02:59 AM

i would guess it's the hot start if turning bars left & throttle if turning right.I had to re-rout my hot start cable to get it right.

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 25, 2006 - 04:28 AM

i would guess it's the hot start if turning bars left & throttle if turning right.I had to re-rout my hot start cable to get it right.

I just kind of figured it was the H/S, but I will check the throttle before I do anything drastic.

John in Vegas

• secret sauc002

Posted June 26, 2006 - 04:52 PM

make sure the cable isnt binded anywhere in the forks or moving when you turn the forks. make sure it has a completely free range of motion.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.