Rear Sprocket help!

2 replies to this topic
  • Xr650rhonda

Posted June 24, 2006 - 09:08 AM

I ordered a rear Moose sprocket from Dennis Kirk for my pig and there was only one set of holes for mounting. The pig uses a tapered bolt that matches a tapered hole on the sprocket, Dennis Kirk is telling that this is the right sprocket for my bike and to use it even through it does not have tapered mounting holes. Is there anyone out there that has any info on the different mounting holes or have used a non-tapered hole sprocket without running into problems.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RUSTYCLUTCH

Posted June 24, 2006 - 02:15 PM

If you have a stock rear wheel w/tapered sprocket bolts on your xr650r then you must use a sprocket that has countersunk tapered holes.It sounds like you have recieved an xr600/650l rear sprocket by mistake.So........ if you were to mount this non countersunk sprocket up w/your stock bolts you will more than likely have a failure,bolts will come loose,oval the holes in the hub,or break the hub.Bad scene,big dollars..............renthal part#154u-520-48 oem gearing

• Xr650rhonda

Posted June 24, 2006 - 02:21 PM

Ok, thank you for the help, I will send it back

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.