Inexpensive XR650L Windshield

3 replies to this topic
  • edssco

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hi
I found this over at 4Strokes.com looks easy to do .

4Strokes.com Honda Tech: Inexpensive XR650L Windshield - By Jlutty650L
http://www.4strokes..../windshield.asp

• justicedone

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:57 AM

I cant understand the need for a windshield on a street legal dirtbike..

but living in San Diego I suppose it never gets cold enough of too hot to really need anything loking funky on your bike.

I have ridden in some cold weather (50s for us is cold) and in 100+ but a 2liter camel back with ice in it made that a no issue really. But I really dont like the look of windshields on dirtbikes or even Harleys for that matter. I did enjoy having one on my CBR1000 when breaking 180mph...was needed then for sure

:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mooncruiser

Posted June 24, 2006 - 12:19 PM

I'm not a big windshield guy, either, but riding my XRL interstate a bunch made me install two things particularly.. A Scotts steering damper and a Cee Baliey's windshield.

The windshield works well as a bug-stopper and is a little easier on the bod for long road rides.

The steering damper reduces a lot of twitchiness in the bike from truck gusts and such.

Chip

• Jayzonk

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:22 PM

Cee Bailey's makes a nice one for $92. And it's specific for the L.
Any of you guys long-haul the L??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.