Header Ideas

2 replies to this topic
  • FREDLINGTON

Posted June 23, 2006 - 10:59 PM

Gday, just wanted to know if i was to flare out a pipe from the original 40mm header to a 50mm pipe what changes would i have i'm tippin id have to re jet the carb, just wanted to experiment with some new pipes. i already have a q2 fmf muffler now i just want to finish off the whole package. i have a 426

thanks! :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odonnks

Posted June 24, 2006 - 02:57 AM

I'd expect a free'er flowing head pipe to provide a reduction in torque.
What your talking about won't be a very big change but may move the torque curve a few rpm's higher.

My thoughts..

• MountainMax

Posted June 24, 2006 - 01:52 PM

I think so also, the free-er you let the exhaust out in the head pipe the more torqe you lose down low, overall the rest of the exhaust is smaller wich also may affect things.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.