XR600 Nitrous Kit

3 replies to this topic
  • randall205

Posted June 23, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Does anyone use nitrous on their XR or know of anyone who offers a kit to use nitrous? Any ideas on strengthening the bottom end to hold up to it? I'm building a sand drag bike and would like to have the nitrous for short bursts while still having a somewhat civil engine that can be used to cruise the dunes. Thanks,
-Jed

• big t

Posted June 24, 2006 - 02:34 AM

NOS, Nitrous Express, and Dyno Tune all have single cylinder kits that should work. I don't know how much a stock engine would take. It would depend on how big a shot, and frequency of use. You will need a battery for the solonoids to operate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted June 24, 2006 - 10:27 AM

Boondockers makes a normally aspirated nitrous system that seems to have certain advantages. The nitrous shot goes thru and is metered by the carb. Seems MUCH easier to tune and perhaps harder to blow up the engine from a tuning mistake. :excuseme:

Keep us posted!

• randall205

Posted June 27, 2006 - 07:16 AM

Thanks very much for the info. I'm a long way from getting the engine in shape, but hope to have it running in a couple months. I know you'll all hate this, but I'm turning my XR into a three wheeler solely for the dunes. I already have three bikes, including a KX500 so I'm not really in the need for a big dunes bike. I'll try and get a picture posted soon, it's really coming together nicely. A quick question, does an XR650 tank fit on an XR600 frame ('93)? I'm concerned about the location of the oil filler on my bike. I'd like to run an XR650 tank since it has the nice shrouds. I'm hoping I can get the shrouds out wide enough to clear my wider triples (Honda ATC350X triples). Thanks for all the help,
-Jed

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.