forks removel?

7 replies to this topic
  • xr650r_Maine

Posted June 23, 2006 - 07:20 AM

I need pointers on how the hell do I take off my 650r frt forks so I can grease the bearing etc, Its a new bike.I already took off the top center fork nut/washer and the top fork tube bolts but am I missing something? :excuseme: :bonk:

• ProMed

Posted June 23, 2006 - 08:55 AM

I need pointers on how the hell do I take off my 650r frt forks so I can grease the bearing etc, Its a new bike.I already took off the top center fork nut/washer and the top fork tube bolts but am I missing something? :excuseme: :bonk:

Have you loosened the bottom fork bolts?

• big t

Posted June 24, 2006 - 02:41 AM

Ther are 2 nuts to take off. 1 on top of the top triple clamp and 1 on under the top triple clamp.

• xr650r_Maine

Posted June 24, 2006 - 03:13 AM

Ther are 2 nuts to take off. 1 on top of the top triple clamp and 1 on under the top triple clamp.

Yeah I got the top 1 but I had to look real hard to find the bottom 1, took off top clamp and she came out, Could`nt get the lower bearing out/off but I just lubed it real good.all put back together. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dakota2

Posted June 25, 2006 - 04:39 AM

If you do a google search for xr650r pdf manual you can read the factory shop manual online, good stuff...

• rockn6gs

Posted June 25, 2006 - 01:11 PM

http://www.xr650r.us/

• HC

Posted June 27, 2006 - 09:49 PM

what size socket do you use to get the top nut off?
thanks

• xr650r_Maine

Posted June 28, 2006 - 03:27 AM

what size socket do you use to get the top nut off?
thanks

30mm :excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.