450 convert to 478?

3 replies to this topic
  • rucka356

Posted June 22, 2006 - 08:35 PM

So after 2 years of riding the wheels off of my 450 it looks like it may need a rebuild. My question is, are there big bore kits that work off of just boring the stock cylinder? And are they as reliable as stock? I'm not really wanting to pay $700+ dollars to convert my 450 to a bigger bore.
Any information would be greatly considered!

• Ga426owner

Posted June 23, 2006 - 05:51 AM

Paid almost less than half of that

and mine is just as dependable so far ... but with a lot more power and torque :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crfmatt

Posted June 24, 2006 - 12:35 PM

You would sure benifit from the big bore..but I'm not sure about reliability. The way I see it the engine is making more power and therefore putting more stress on everything, but I may be wrong. Maybe pm grayracer he usually knows everything about these 426's and 450's. :excuseme:

• yzf450jack

Posted June 24, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Im having good luck with my 470 so far :excuseme: I have all most 2 years on it! I think I did the big bore at the same time I 5 speeded it :bonk: :busted:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.