'05 style fork guards for a 426

2 replies to this topic
  • e30M3

Posted June 22, 2006 - 08:19 PM

Lightspeed makes some white plastic ones but I can't seem to find anyone who has them. I have been told ordering directly from lightspeed can take a long time. I read somewhere that the '05 factory fork guards won't fit on my '02.

I don't mind paying a little extra for the carbon fiber guards but I am concerned after a few rocks hitting them that they will look like crap.

Anyone have any ideas?

I will be changing to a shorter brake line to do the CR routing at the same time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Budlite

Posted June 23, 2006 - 04:53 AM

I had the Litespeed fork guards on my 04 YZ250F (now sold). They are white plastic and look fine. This is definitely the way to go if you are going to convert to Honda routing. You can also bolt on an OEM Honda brake line if you choose do so. They are a little longer than some of the after market lines. I think they fit better and a few bucks cheaper. We ran this with an EBC oversized rotor..good combination.

I ordered the guards thru my local bike shop not from Litespeed themselves.

• grayracer513

Posted June 23, 2006 - 08:36 AM

I ordered mine from my local parts house. It took a little longer than other stuff, but I don't recall it was more than a week. They worked out well, BTW.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.