New bike

11 replies to this topic
  • Schreckles

Posted June 22, 2006 - 07:46 PM

....and it's my first...i'm gonna die soon

I'm buyin an 02 YZ426 tomorrow afternoon...i'm 19 weigh just under 160 and i'm just 5'6"...i haven't ridden since i was about 10, so my death is pretty iminent...wish me luck

• Schreckles

Posted June 22, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Oh...and any tips yall have (ridin, mods, etc) feel free to let me know before i die

• RAGDOLL MX

Posted June 22, 2006 - 07:50 PM

Oh...and any tips yall have (ridin, mods, etc) feel free to let me know before i die

wear your gear, when it doubt...pin it....dont ride faster than your guardian angel can fly, turn on the gas, and have a good time!!

• SRT426

Posted June 23, 2006 - 03:12 AM

Learn quickly "THE DRILL" or you'll never get it started to ride it.

Keep the rubber side down :excuseme:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 23, 2006 - 04:46 AM

Drink lots of energy drinks before you ride.......they make you go faster. :bonk: :excuseme:

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted June 23, 2006 - 05:34 AM

Commit to the THROTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 23, 2006 - 08:16 AM

Drink lots of energy drinks before you ride.......they make you go faster. :busted: :excuseme:

That, I hope, was sarcasm... :bonk:

"Energy" drinks are loaded with caffeine, which is a diuretic, among other things, and will dry you out just when you need hydration the most. Furthermore, they contain quite a bit of sugar. Too much sugar to allow them to quickly empty from your stomach so the water in them can get into your system (Gatorade is guilty of this, as well).

But, back to the actual topic:

The best mod you can make to a 426 is the conversion to auto decompression by using the exhaust cam from a 450. It's reasonably inexpensive at about $100 (not including any valve shims, and assuming you don't make any mistakes in the installation), fairly easy, in spite of what I just said, and makes the bike hugely easier to live with, particularly if you're not that big.

• donutman126

Posted June 23, 2006 - 10:08 AM

When you see a big hill- shift up, twist, and pray

• crfmatt

Posted June 23, 2006 - 12:23 PM

hey, I just sent you a pm..

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 23, 2006 - 07:10 PM

That, I hope, was sarcasm... :excuseme:

:bonk: :busted: :bonk: :p :p :p :lame:

Did you tell him to change is blue powerband to a yellow like the 06 LE have....That adds like an extra 10 HP.

• crfmatt

Posted June 24, 2006 - 12:30 PM

You could go to the yellow powerband if you want 10hp but if you want 12hp and way more torque put on the yellow and black one. Also it makes ur suspension feel way better.

• Junior426

Posted June 27, 2006 - 05:30 PM

Dont worry about it man, just use your head. Remember that the bike only goes as fast as you make it. The 426 is my first bike and i've never even ridden anything with a clutch. No problems though. Be careful on downhills, well, at least that is what gave me the most problems.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.