• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:01 PM

The Whites Awsome!!

• 2cool4u

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:04 PM

http://www.yamaha-mo...0/features.aspx

• SRLMARK

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:09 PM

Site is all messed up cant get the right pics what a crapper!

• 2cool4u

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:10 PM

they all have the wr 450 pics and when you click you dont evean get the pic you clicked on :excuseme:

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:11 PM

from what I can tell, it has the aluminum frame and smaller brakes, that cant be good.

John in Vegas

• TheSacrament588

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:12 PM

lol yea and than you click on it and you get a yfv engine pic &%$#@!??? lol come on yamaha all this time and u cant even get it right :excuseme:

• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:14 PM

The skid plate on the WR looks like it couldnt stop a laddie bug.

• SRLMARK

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Yea why the smaller brakes? Oh My!! What a waist of time! LOL

• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:18 PM

So whats the big deal with the wave rotors??? Their suppose grip the pads better and they look really cool.

• clark4131

Posted June 25, 2006 - 08:30 PM

Smaller brakes, 3 pounds heavier, still a 5-speed w/ 2.1 gallons of juice, all the dimensions look virtually the same...I don't know boys and girls...she looks nice, but what's her personality like when you get your hand up her skirt?...SC

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnyjeep

Posted June 25, 2006 - 09:28 PM

I could be wrong, I checked it twice and still could be wrong, but the 07 is 3#s lighter, not heavier.

John in Vegas

• Dube2

Posted June 25, 2006 - 09:45 PM

omg...new head light, new tail light w/ YZ fender, big bars, why did they go w/ the 110/90 rear tire? :bonk: 2-lbs lightier than the 06 2-lbs heavier than the 05. the lower center of gravity will help the handeling. :busted: YAMAHA website pretty ef'd-up can't see any photo's other than the spec. left and right an views. no EFI no big deal, i'll sell my 05 when the 08 comes out. regardless, i'm off to YAMAHA to start the long lay-a-way plan for the november delivery of the 07's. my 05 going supermoto/street now. and if my buddy sells his 06(plated) for the new 07, than i'll buy that one too. that way i'll have the 05, 06 and 07. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!! :excuseme: :bonk:

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 25, 2006 - 09:51 PM

I could be wrong, I checked it twice and still could be wrong, but the 07 is 3#s lighter, not heavier.

John in Vegas

The 05's claimed weight was 242lbs. Thats where people are coming up with the whole "the 07 weighs more...they didn't save any weight by going to aluminum...blah blah blah"

Yamaha sells bikes to make huge profits. Main stream consumers want the latest/greatest thing and in the dirtbike market that is aluminum frames. There are the hardcore offroaders/old timers that prefer chrome moly frames, and thats ok...but Yamaha has seen how many CRF 450x's honda sells and wants a piece of that action. Yamaha has simply alienated the minority to get more sales from the majority...from a profits standpoint it makes perfect business sense.

Personally, I think the new WRs kick ass!! They look sweet with the new headlight and the YZ rear fender. Im bummed that they went to smaller brake rotors, but I'm guessing they don't compromise braking too much or Yamaha wouldn't have put them on the bike. Heck my TT-R weighs more and has smaller brakes and it stops just fine.

• clark4131

Posted June 25, 2006 - 10:31 PM

John in Vegas

That's funny! I just did a comparison with the '05 and the '07 is 2.9 lbs. heavier, but 2.2 lbs. lighter than the '06...Since I have the '05, I just defaulted to it...Go figure :excuseme: ...SC

• imdickie

Posted June 25, 2006 - 10:53 PM

I read through the last couple of pages and saw only one picture. Here are 3 lo res at various angles. Personally I think it looks good. I would like a yellow/black version though. I think I am going to wait for EFI and God willing a plate.

http://www.yamahaspo.../27995afa1f.jpg

http://www.yamahaspo.../27993969e7.jpg

http://www.yamahaspo.../27994f5000.jpg

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 25, 2006 - 11:50 PM

That's funny! I just did a comparison with the '05 and the '07 is 2.9 lbs. heavier, but 2.2 lbs. lighter than the '06...Since I have the '05, I just defaulted to it...Go figure :excuseme: ...SC

The 06 weighs more than the 05 because of the enduro computer gosh!! :bonk:

• OneToGo

Posted June 26, 2006 - 02:59 AM

I dont think anyone who has layed out for the 06 (me included) is going to rush Big Blue for a '07? Why Bother.
Yamaha will just tweak it now for 3 or 4 years , maybe add EFI in 2 yrs after tested on the YZ (unless Smog regs dictate) then give it a make over 4 or 5 years down the road.
They are in it to make money, not innnovate and the 07 WR is pretty much WHAT WE EXPECTED - yes? :excuseme:
Yeh it looks sweet with the alloy frame, black tank but then so does the YZ. Getting a plate and lights on that rear fender .....mmm
:bonk:

• Matty05

Posted June 26, 2006 - 03:15 AM

Getting a plate and lights on that rear fender .....mmm
:bonk:

:excuseme: Haven't you seen a KTM before???
There are many people here already with YZ rear fender and plated......

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted June 26, 2006 - 12:17 PM

and if it's no lighter, Im wondering if it's really any better at all

I wonder how many times I'll have to keep repeating myself. The goal of an aluminum frame is not always to save weight, when speaking of numbers. An aluminum frame is a lot more rigid than a steel frame and carries its weight lower. The geometry is different...so the number on the scale couldn't differentiate between the two...but the rider in the saddle can tell which is "lighter" right away because of the center of gravity being lower...it makes the bike FEEL light.

Doug

• ISBB

Posted June 26, 2006 - 12:20 PM

what do ya think about black.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.