07 Yamaha Bikes in Vegas NOW!!!

88 replies to this topic
  • muddza

Posted June 23, 2006 - 08:32 PM

But you can change injectors and nozzles.........
Why you would need too though is beyond me, may be for a turbo or something? :excuseme:

When's the release date on the turbo efi quad cam wr450 then, I want one of them, but aren't prepared to hold on to my coin for that long..... :bonk:

• TWILES

Posted June 24, 2006 - 01:58 PM

But you can change injectors and nozzles.........
Why you would need too though is beyond me, may be for a turbo or something? :excuseme:

I wouldn't think you would have to worry about it anyway. Someone will have a programmer like for the Raptor and LTR and thats all you'll need. Proper set-up would be done with a box and a couple of buttons. Sounds great to me.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 24, 2006 - 03:55 PM

EFI or not... who cares? Aluminum frame, so what!. Is it going to make any of us faster or better riders?

My existing carburetor is NOT a lot of maintenance once jetted correctly. The most I do for it is to religiously clean my air filter to keep the junk out of it.

How are they going to make it lighter or handle significantly better so it feels as light as the 250?. That's what will get me to trade up.

• byggd

Posted June 24, 2006 - 08:42 PM

No EFI ??

I'll pass

I agree.......unitl EFI comes out I'll ride my 426

• Pack Mule

Posted June 24, 2006 - 09:03 PM

We need pics :excuseme:

• Matty05

Posted June 25, 2006 - 02:56 AM

I wouldn't think you would have to worry about it anyway. Someone will have a programmer like for the Raptor and LTR and thats all you'll need. Proper set-up would be done with a box and a couple of buttons. Sounds great to me.

Yep, or people should just look up "Yoshimura cherry bomb" for an idea.

• Matt C

Posted June 25, 2006 - 03:12 PM

I think EFI will make the bike much more expensive to tune. I would imagine that the stock tune will be much like the 06, namely lean as hell and throttle limited. With the current set up this can be fixed for less that $100 of parts. With EFI you would have to buy a tuner or get software for your laptop. I'm sure that it would run better after all was said and done, but how much would it cost? No one wants to drop $500 on tuning to get around green sticker compliance.

• TWILES

Posted June 25, 2006 - 03:30 PM

Yep, or people should just look up "Yoshimura cherry bomb" for an idea.

From what I've gathered the cherry bomb isn't all its cracked up to be. I road one the parking lot where my wife works the day they got the first ones put together. They put the full Yoshi exhaust system on it with the cherry bomb and the 04 TRX450R we have bone stock has more power. I read in a magazine what was supposed to be done to Gust's bike and there was a list of things with the fuel injection. The stock bike with the Yoshi pipe and cherry bomb is way too smooth. It felt like a 2 stroke with a power valve. The power came on almost off idle but didn't pick up after that. It might be great once you got used to it but I wasn't sold. The module would be the way to go. DynoPort will probably have a power commander but I don't like that idea either. For the Raptor there is a couple of boxes I've seen that have a mode button in the middle and plus and minus buttons on either side. I like that better. That way you can pick the mode thats closest to what you want and adjust it from there.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:12 PM

2 hours and counting till yamaha releases the info and pics on there site. Im gunna be the first one there :excuseme:

• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:15 PM

Ik it right? I was on their site like a half hour before nine and was like yesss come onnn just a few minutes before 9. Then I saw it said 9 PM pacific. :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted June 25, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Dam., I was just about to go look there myself, another 1.5 hours to go.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 25, 2006 - 06:37 PM

23 minutes!

• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Now hear comes the preacher for to save my soul with 13 minutes to go....

And he's talking bout' burnin' but I'm so cold I've 12 more minutes to go!

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 25, 2006 - 06:48 PM

Uho i think i did my math wrong :excuseme: :bonk: :busted: :p :bonk:

Another hour and 13 minutes. :p

• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 06:50 PM

seriously? uhhhhhhhhhhh! :excuseme: :bonk: :busted: :bonk: (Not that im gunna buy a 07 anyways lol, guess I just want to see the white) :p :p

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 25, 2006 - 06:53 PM

I doubt im getting an 07 also. But ive never waiting for anything before, kind of feels special, like im in an exclusive club.

• TWILES

Posted June 25, 2006 - 07:32 PM

I heard a few minutes ago that there were 2 new dirtbikes but he would say what they were. I'd bet with 30 minutes to go that one is a YZ65.

• TheSacrament588

Posted June 25, 2006 - 07:39 PM

no it's the wr650
na i dont even know i've just been drinkin some Jager :bonk: :excuseme: :busted:

• Jaycycle

Posted June 25, 2006 - 07:52 PM

8 minutes

• TheSacrament588

Posted June 25, 2006 - 07:55 PM

5 min and counting i think i'm gonna $hit myself :excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.