07 Yamaha Bikes in Vegas NOW!!!

I posted this in the YZ forum, but I though you all would like to know as well.

My buddy just came back from setting up booths at the MX Manufactures trade show and he got a great look at the new Yamaha Line!! :busted:

The YZ 450 has an all white plastics package that looks sweet!! ?

NO EFI for 2007!! :bonk:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, ALUMINUM FRAME for the WR 450!!! :bonk:

Just thought you all might like to know!

:excuseme:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldn't save hardly any weght at all, just looks better. the 06 YZ was only 1-pound lighter then the 05. or something like that??? the lower center of gravity is what you want if not lighter.

Cool.... I'd love the see the plastics. Aluminum frame should allow for lots of funky color plastics now. We are currently limited by what matches the frame.

But then again, its a dirt bike. I like mine best when its filthy dirty and I can tell everyone how it got that way.

If it were... let say, 30lbs lighter, or felt that way, I'd be all over it. I might also take a look if it were street legal (just like the Husky's). Otherwise, i will have to wait until I wear out my existing WR. I guess it will be a while then.

I posted this in the YZ forum, but I though you all would like to know as well.

NO EFI for 2007!! :bonk:

:excuseme:

Ok, does someone want to explain to me why they think EFI is going to be great? Lets look at the EFI implementation on the Raptor 700, and *assume* the bike implementation is going to be the same:

* No O2 sensor = inability to adjust for altitude changes.

The whole reason EFI ever appealed to me was for altitude changes. I like the idea of being able to go to the mountains and not have my bike run like crap when I go from 8000 to 12000 ft. With the way they did the EFI on the Raptor 700, that isn't possible.

The only thing I see EFI bringing to the table is the inability to easily rejet the bike. Now, you need to have a computer to reprogram the stupid thing, or you need to buy one of those after market controllers that you'd then attach to the bike, to change the mixture with a button. Screw that, I'd rather have a few pieces of metal I can screw out of a carb to fix problems with jetting.

Sorry I'm a pessimist here, but I really don't see any value to EFI if there isn't an O2 sensor. If I'm horribly wrong here, someone please educate me.

M.

Minion -

If you pay attention to the mags and all the spy shots of the 450's over in Japan, they all have O2 sensors on top of the intake airboot. As far as the Raptors I have no awnser????

Minion -

If you pay attention to the mags and all the spy shots of the 450's over in Japan, they all have O2 sensors on top of the intake airboot. As far as the Raptors I have no awnser????

That wouldn't be an O2 sensor that would be found in the exhaust.

Steve

i have dont quiet a bit of research on this EFI to see what the benifits would be and it was really intresting to see how it all works. There will be sensors in the exhaust and in the air boot. It will adjust by it self pending on altitude but one thing i can not say for sure is if EFI will be on some bikes witch i think is highly unlikely for next year because of some problems.

EFI does not make your bike any faster either or gives it more horse power (that is what i read) One thing you will gain from that is better throttle response and smoother.

You know when you take a stock bike and you crack the trottle open quickly there is like this flat spot, apprently that flat spot will be something of the past.

We will just know how these can be just stories and we will have to wait and see to judge for our selfs.

Ok, does someone want to explain to me why they think EFI is going to be great? Lets look at the EFI implementation on the Raptor 700, and *assume* the bike implementation is going to be the same:

* No O2 sensor = inability to adjust for altitude changes.

The whole reason EFI ever appealed to me was for altitude changes. I like the idea of being able to go to the mountains and not have my bike run like crap when I go from 8000 to 12000 ft. With the way they did the EFI on the Raptor 700, that isn't possible.

The only thing I see EFI bringing to the table is the inability to easily rejet the bike. Now, you need to have a computer to reprogram the stupid thing, or you need to buy one of those after market controllers that you'd then attach to the bike, to change the mixture with a button. Screw that, I'd rather have a few pieces of metal I can screw out of a carb to fix problems with jetting.

Sorry I'm a pessimist here, but I really don't see any value to EFI if there isn't an O2 sensor. If I'm horribly wrong here, someone please educate me.

M.

YOU DO NOT NEED AN O2 SENSOR FOR ALTTITUDE CORRECTABILITY.

If that was the case my Street bike wouldn't run right.... but it all works off of the BARO sensor. Barometric Pressure sensor... that's a little wieghs nothing , relay looking box.

With the WR's current ignition Mapping system.... adding fuel Injection Map would be a snap...

....almost all the components are already on our bikes, all that's missing is a Baro, a MAP, and the Throttle Body.... oh... and a Fuel Pump and pressure regulator.