03 Yz450

4 replies to this topic
  • sthedreem

Posted June 22, 2006 - 11:21 AM

I just bought an 03 YZ450 with Excel super motard wheels. When you turn the rear wheel the rotor wobbles and rubs on the brake pads (BAD!!!). I removed and inspected the rotor. The rotor is straight. I don't see a wobble in the rear wheel so I am suspecting that the rotor carrier is damaged.
Would any one have an extra carrier they might want to sell?
Is there anything else that might cause this?

Thanks

• Merc1212

Posted June 22, 2006 - 12:07 PM

Maybe wheel bearings? Do you have fully floating rotors on it like some sportbikes do? If so, I understand that it is normal for them to have some runout.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sthedreem

Posted June 22, 2006 - 01:55 PM

Maybe wheel bearings? Do you have fully floating rotors on it like some sportbikes do? If so, I understand that it is normal for them to have some runout.

Rotor bolts directly to the carrier which is bolted to the hub. Not a floating rotor...

• elcamino76

Posted June 22, 2006 - 02:17 PM

if the wheel it self is wobbling then it is most definitely the wheel bearings, i had this problem on my '93 4-stroke, not a big deal. but if its just the rotor, idk. a quick test for wheel bearings is to stand on one side of the bike then grab the top of the tire with your hand and try to push back and forth. if you have any play then its the wheel bearings.

• sthedreem

Posted June 22, 2006 - 02:30 PM

if the wheel it self is wobbling then it is most definitely the wheel bearings, i had this problem on my '93 4-stroke, not a big deal. but if its just the rotor, idk. a quick test for wheel bearings is to stand on one side of the bike then grab the top of the tire with your hand and try to push back and forth. if you have any play then its the wheel bearings.

The wheel does not wobble. The rotor does. I took the rotor off and tested it, it is straight. I think most likely it is the carrier.
I am hoping someone has a good spare carrier they could sell. :excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.