Anyone install a Boyesen Acc Pump?

3 replies to this topic
  • TBone_Boston

Posted June 22, 2006 - 06:39 AM

Is this difficult to do on your own?

I have an '05 WR450 and limited mechanics experience. I even chickened out and had dealer do the throttle stop (before I bought the accelerator pump cover).

I know this is a bolt on part but I wonder about removing the carb any gotchas for putting it all back.

• Matty05

Posted June 22, 2006 - 06:49 AM

Just take your time and take note of how the diaphram sits in the accel pump when you pull off the OEM one. Put it in the new one the same way. It is hard to stuff up, it is only 3 screws!

You might have to take the tank off to get to the carby. Rotate the carby by undoing the rubber boot on the carb (engine side!) and the air box boot. This will allow you to pull the carby free from the motor and turn it enough to get at the bottom of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byw

Posted June 22, 2006 - 08:02 AM

Just loosen the clamps on the carb and you should be able to rotate it enough to get to the bottom with out removing carb from bike.Much easier and quicker.

• rtrolli69

Posted June 22, 2006 - 04:18 PM

No I agree with Matty take the tank off and loosen everything thats the worst part but makes it alot easier,your gonna cuss a little anyway.Check your jetting.Nows the time.I had put in a JD kit and followed Indys chart my bike was running great no bog,anyway we always want a little more dont we.. cant actually say that it helped my bike that much.My bike didnt bog after kit and proper jetting.Maybe a little pwr increase on the bottom.but now my bike is a little harder to start when hot with the button??thats what I noticed most..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.