1qt. oil in 06 450

25 replies to this topic

Posted June 27, 2006 - 09:34 PM

was wondering if someone could clarify this. on a 06 450f, the manual says 1.06 qts with filter, but then 1.22 qts total. i always thought the filter amount was the higher one? also, i fill mine to 1.22 and it's on the money.

• 116CJ

Posted June 28, 2006 - 04:00 AM

was wondering if someone could clarify this. on a 06 450f, the manual says 1.06 qts with filter, but then 1.22 qts total. i always thought the filter amount was the higher one? also, i fill mine to 1.22 and it's on the money.

1.22 qts is frome when you have the motor all apart its dry and you put it back together. even when you change your oil there is still some left over in there you never get it all out.

Posted June 28, 2006 - 04:43 AM

thanks, i'll drain some out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 28, 2006 - 07:56 AM

1.22 qts is frome when you have the motor all apart its dry and you put it back together. even when you change your oil there is still some left over in there you never get it all out.

That extra oil is included so that an appropriately large mess is made on the work bench when tearing down for an overhaul. :excuseme:

• moochie

Posted June 28, 2006 - 11:16 AM

I've just been putting in a quart when doing an oil and filter change. Looks ok on the dipstick but wondering if maybe I should be wrangling up another ounce or so to supplement the quart I'm adding?

Posted June 28, 2006 - 01:50 PM

I've just been putting in a quart when doing an oil and filter change. Looks ok on the dipstick but wondering if maybe I should be wrangling up another ounce or so to supplement the quart I'm adding?

when i drain mine, i all but suck it out to get it dry. actually i know this girl that does; but i always get 1.0 qts.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.