Posted June 21, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Are they any good i was thinking about fitting a set to my xrr :excuseme:

• Few

Posted June 21, 2006 - 10:50 AM

I got mine at the TT store.
Don't leave home without them!

• Agent2

Posted June 21, 2006 - 04:08 PM

Excellent rad guards, protects the fronts and the sides. Kind of tough to install - get a foot long allen head screwdriver to cut down on the cursing. They are available in anodized colors but a 99 cent can of flat black spray paint makes the bare ones look great. As mentioned by Few, available from the TT store.

• jamestoo

Posted June 22, 2006 - 12:12 AM

Thanks Guys looking forward to getting mine now!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Few

Posted June 22, 2006 - 07:07 AM

a 99 cent can of flat black spray paint makes the bare ones look great..

Crap, Now I have to pull them back off! :excuseme:

• Few

Posted June 22, 2006 - 07:07 AM

a 99 cent can of flat black spray paint makes the bare ones look great..

Crap, Now I have to pull them back off! :excuseme:

• Y2KBRP

Posted June 22, 2006 - 08:19 PM

I ordered a set for my XR650R fitted with Fluidyne radiators. Brian at Unabiker Racing thought that they would work with the Fluidynes. When I fit them up they were too short on the sides. I made templates, attached them to the existing guards, and sent them back to Unabiker. Brian manufactured a new set based on these templates and my recommendations. They fit perfectly, but still require a bit of patience and a long ball-end allen wrench to install.

The guards are extremely sturdy and provide excellent front and side protection. I have not encountered any cooling problems either. Brian at Unabiker provided an excellent product and outstanding customer service! I highly recommend buying a set for your XR. :excuseme:

• sokalbike

Posted June 22, 2006 - 08:55 PM

ditto

bought them from the TT store (which I will do more of in the future) installed them last weekend and will test them in Big Bear this weekend.
If you can find a 4mm ball end socket for the install you will be much happer

• MindBlower

Posted June 23, 2006 - 04:06 AM

Do you scrap the 'wings' with these? I thought I'd lose mine, but when I took them off it looked kind of goofy.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.