edelbrock carb review

10 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted June 21, 2006 - 10:00 AM

just put one on my 650r and thought i would share some results i got. first off my settings are 15 clicks out on the 19-e needle and two turns out on the pump screw. i have the hrc manifold, tip and holes drilled in side panel.

i tried absolutely every thing with my stock carb and just couldn't get the bike to run right. no matter what i did i got popping on decel. with the edelbrock my popping is gone power comes on super strong and pulls consistent all the way through. i am super happy with the results. my bike also wouldn't start super easy. not hard but it would take me like five kicks with the stocker. now i am only having to kick just once and it starts right up. if are on the fence to buy one i would definately go for it. not really sure hwo much power i got from the carb but now if i am on the street going through the gears i can just lean back hit third and the front end just climbs right up. i have to admit that put a grin on my face :excuseme:

• jamestoo

Posted June 21, 2006 - 10:32 AM

Excellent news! makes a change to hear something positive said about the QS I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from BARNUM as soon as mine arrives i'll report back on my experiences

• jbird710

Posted June 21, 2006 - 12:55 PM

I put one on my L and haven't looked back. The vacuum carb on the L is a POS compared to the Edelbrock. It has linear acceleration and no problems with being too lean. Two twists of the trottle and just a quick bump of the starter; it fires right up hot or cold. I could only get about 80 mph (per the speedo) with the stock carb with all of the mods. I saw 95 mph coming back from the Honda shop an hour ago. Again, this is what the speedometer says; I know it's not that accurate. :excuseme:

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted June 21, 2006 - 01:26 PM

So, what model carb is this and does it come in a kit with the throttle, cables, manifold etc? I'm very interested because the Mikuni kit is $400.00 and the friggin Keihin is $550.00 for the kit! What is the cost of the Edlebrock kit?

• qadsan

Posted June 21, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Edelbrock carb kit pat number 3115. Retail is $481, but you can find it at www.barnumspro.com for less than $400 and Barnums knows this carb better than anybody out there. Rob Barnum did R&D at Edelbrock for a number of years and he uses this carb on his personal race bikes.

Each carb has its own strengths and weaknesses, but I've been very happy with the performance from the Edelbrock's on our 650R's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted June 22, 2006 - 05:51 AM

I could not be happier with my Edelbrock..... :excuseme: :bonk:

• socalduner

Posted June 22, 2006 - 05:30 PM

I agree, :excuseme: I just put one on my 600 and it is way better than stock. This thing is so easy to adjust and my bike runs so much better. I had to richen the needle a few clicks from stock but it only took about 5 mins.

• Falls A Lot

Posted June 23, 2006 - 02:08 AM

Since installing and adjusting the Edelbrock, I get single kick or second kick starts from cold. That alone was worth the price of admission for me.

Posted June 23, 2006 - 03:26 AM

The Edelbrock pumper with a stage one cam and a good flowing pipe really brought my sm pig to life! :excuseme:

• XRL_Rider

Posted June 23, 2006 - 04:18 AM

The Edelbrock pumper with a stage one cam and a good flowing pipe really brought my sm pig to life! :excuseme:

Hope I'm not hijacking a thread here- :bonk:
what settings (needle and clicks) are you using Treadmarks?

Posted June 23, 2006 - 04:45 AM

Hope I'm not hijacking a thread here- :bonk:
what settings (needle and clicks) are you using Treadmarks?

Hi Rider,

I would like to know what everybody else is running on their pumpers as well.

I am at 20 clicks on the 16E needle, and 2 turns out on the accelerator bypass screw.

Thats with FMF PC4 complete system-screen in place, stage one cam, foam slip-on air filter and 14/42 gearing.

Quick easy starts with out any popping. :excuseme:

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.