Rear Shock Questions

1 reply to this topic
  • Solo

Posted June 21, 2006 - 12:00 AM

My rear shock blew the seal out this weekend. It dumped all of the oil out and made a huge mess. I just had the shock rebuilt and this was the first ride out on it. The re-builder informed me that the shaft had a nick in it and that it "might" not hold.

So with that said- what other bikes share the same shock as a 2000 WR400? I am going to try to source one from eBay but need to know what years and models I can get a shock off of?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted June 21, 2006 - 08:29 AM

You might try and contact a person at Racetech they compile a lot of suspension information for their data base. Remember they are salesmen and will likely try and sell you something or want to repair your existing shock. I had an old yz465 repaired there many years ago and the guy put all different used shock parts on it did not even look like the same shock when i got it back but it worked great. they will be able to tell you what model shocks from other bikes will work.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.