xr650r new wheels

4 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted June 20, 2006 - 07:28 PM

finally finished getting some cbr f3 wheels to fit on my 650r thought i would share some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• adam574

Posted June 20, 2006 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted June 20, 2006 - 11:28 PM

Details? What was involved in making them work?

• pigryder

Posted June 21, 2006 - 04:15 AM

Yes What Did You Have To Do!

• adam574

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:18 AM

the front wheel was super easy. i had to grind the left side hube flush with the bearing and then get a washer to space it out and i used my spacer from my front wheel to get it centered. i then had to buy a bushing to reduce the size of the bearing. after that i had to make a caliper relocation bracket.

the rear wheel was a little bit of a pain. i had to grind the right side of the hub flush with the bearing. take of 8mm where the rotor mounts to get it to fit in the caliper. i then took off a crap load on the cushdrive side. not sure how much but i just machined it until i could change the bearing out when i welded the cushdrive in place. i then had to turn down all the bolts so they would clear the swingarm. i then bought a sprocket for a cbr f3 for a 520 chain and i was done. definately took awhile. i bet i could do another set wicked fast now since i know what needs to be done and the trial and error part is all over.

there is a guy named kubiak on supermotojunkie.com who walked me through alot of this. if it wasn't for him i would have never been able to do this.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.