P38 Lighting Kit

8 replies to this topic
  • Joel_Gibson

Posted November 06, 2001 - 10:20 PM

I know NH Kevin is working on a 98/99 BK mod and I'm eagerly awaiting the results. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone has any information on the P38 Lighting kit from Factory R&D. Does this kit improve performance and if so can you put one on a 98 WR400?

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 06, 2001 - 04:16 PM

Joel,
My mod REPLACES the P38. If it doesn't work, I will go w/ a P38.

http://www.mxsouth.com/perp38lit.htm

Kevin

• Joel_Gibson

Posted November 16, 2001 - 11:19 AM

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait to hear how your mod's go before investing in one.

• Jekel

Posted November 16, 2001 - 02:42 PM

I just put a P38 on my 99WR. Big improvement for the money. If you want to check it out I'm at Chadwick. Yes just down the road. Give me a call at ...-2441 if you do. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted June 03, 2002 - 04:40 AM

Jekel,
Whilst searching the archives I found this post of yours on the p-38.
Did it get rid of the bog when you blip the throttle. I would consider investing in one if it did.
Additionally, are there any major jetting changes necessary?

P.s. Joel, did you get one? This post is several months old.

• Joel_Gibson

Posted June 03, 2002 - 07:55 AM

Darin,

I did get one, but have not put it on yet. I have been hesitant to put it on until I have a little free time on my hands, due to previous postings which indicate that you need to re-jet following installation. It's one of those things I plan to do when I have time to tinker.

Man! I wonder when that will happen?

• freestyle111

Posted June 03, 2002 - 09:02 PM

i have p38 installed and it works great.took me a few hours of experimenting with jetting before i got it dial in perfect.

• Jekel

Posted June 03, 2002 - 12:30 PM

Momilkman- read your pm

Joel G-- I put mine on without rejetting at first, very nice mod. I've been tinkering with jetting since then. I didn't see any need for a rejet to add this item, but I was running a 48 pilot at the time and a larger main. My.02

• Joel_Gibson

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:06 AM

Jekel,

Thanks for the info. Your input is encouraging. since it may not be the project I had envisioned, I think I'll go ahead and install it ASAP.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.