New Look for the 01 426

12 replies to this topic
  • Birdy426

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:54 PM

As long as I freshened up the motor, I thought I might "purty her up" a little, too. What do ya think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Tsk350

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Nice!! Your going to turn some heads and catch alot of grief from some guys around hear that think since we have nice bikes that we dont/cant ride. A nice bike makes you a better rider in my opinion because of the pride you have in your ride!

Yuo should post a pic in this thread http://www.thumperta...6&page=12&pp=10

• ToooFaarOutt

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:19 PM

ok birdy who wired her up for you? let me know as I am getting ready to plate mine.
I am in palmdale

• MXJunky

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:44 PM

White Yamaha's look badass.

FarOut,
Wiring for a Dual Sport kit is rather simple, if you get the Baja Designs kit the instructions should suffice.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:56 PM

I love white/black looks.

• Birdy426

Posted June 20, 2006 - 06:14 PM

ok birdy who wired her up for you? let me know as I am getting ready to plate mine.
I am in palmdale

ToooFaarOutt - Did her up myself. Ordered the headlight and (65 bucks) turn signals (25 bucks for 2 pair) thru Moto Psycho Barn (new shop at Sierra and Pearblossom Highways, small shop, great guys, close to home), the Tail light (55 bucks) and light switch (65 bucks) from Baja Designs, the Voltage Regulator (25 bucks) from Trail Tech (tho I expect Brad at MSB could order them thru Parts Unlimited), picked up a small 12v sealed battery at Fry's electronics (13 bucks),and built the harness myself. With all the chicken-shit little stuff, I'm into the conversion for about $275. Of course, if I stayed with the stock WR head and tail light it would have been about a buck-thirty less.

I'd be happy to help you with yours when you're ready.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ToooFaarOutt

Posted June 20, 2006 - 08:06 PM

Thats what I am talking about want to know how to do it myself. Do you have a wireing harness diagram and where to hook up batt, voltage regulator and all. I have the same bike as you and have already bought the tail lights and front turn signals. I am going to use the stock head light. Also have my side view mirror just need to complete out the job. any help would be appreciated

• Birdy426

Posted June 20, 2006 - 11:06 PM

Thats what I am talking about want to know how to do it myself. Do you have a wireing harness diagram and where to hook up batt, voltage regulator and all. I have the same bike as you and have already bought the tail lights and front turn signals. I am going to use the stock head light. Also have my side view mirror just need to complete out the job. any help would be appreciated

Sent you a PM

• wayneoXCF

Posted June 21, 2006 - 11:41 AM

That look is sweet. :excuseme:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted June 21, 2006 - 11:51 AM

nice!!

• GCannon

Posted June 21, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Nice work Birdy you should be proud. Hey how does that headlight compare to stock as far as amount of light and the spread of light and differnce between Hi and Low?

• bluebike1999

Posted June 21, 2006 - 04:50 PM

[quote name='Tsk350']Nice!! Your going to turn some heads and catch alot of grief from some guys around hear that think since we have nice bikes that we dont/cant ride. A nice bike makes you a better rider in my opinion because of the pride you have in your ride!

i dont think that if your bike is clean and well maintained that you cant ride, nor do i think that if you have done modifications you cant ride, it's just that the rides i've been on, the' prettiest bike' has never been the fastest.

I actually think that the white look is cool, and again it's just my opinion.

this is the coolest looking wr ive seen

http://www.supermoto...ed=1#post136485

and its not 'pretty'. it is subtle, yet looks so trick.

nice job Birdie would look great in motard kit too

• Birdy426

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:36 PM

The only reason it looks clean inthe photos is I just finished it. After this weekend, the shiny white plastic will be full of crefully places scratches from bushes, gear, and an occasional get off. I do maintain it well, and try to keep it clean, but it won't look "new" for long!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.