is this a vent line?

12 replies to this topic
  • getdrunk

Posted June 20, 2006 - 02:19 PM

theirs 2 hoses on top of the z426 motor. ones the oil line and whats the other one? just a vent?

if its a vent does it blow hot air out? cause i was thinking of putting it in the intake hose cause i have a spot i could fit it. but if it blows hot air then im not gona do that.

• barch88

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:56 PM

One is the oil breather hose, the other is the spark plug?

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:54 PM

You blew that. We were trying to ignore him.

The big one's the breather, the little one is the pressure balance vent for the oil tank.

What's your BAL today, gd?

• mtscott

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:56 PM

That is the way it is on mine, one the oil blowoff and other sparkplug.

I have had oil come out of that blowoff hose when the bike was new and I did not lay it over eather. I have not seen it since then though. Hope that is normal.

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2006 - 06:03 PM

Yours is an '06. The pressure balance line was moved off of the cam cover. '05 and earlier had two HOSES coming from the cam box.

• barch88

Posted June 20, 2006 - 06:03 PM

I have had oil come out of that blowoff hose when the bike was new and I did not lay it over eather. I have not seen it since then though. Hope that is normal.

Just was some overfill from whoever preped your bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtscott

Posted June 20, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, mine is an 06

• getdrunk

Posted June 21, 2006 - 03:27 PM

so i shouldnt hook that line up to my intake?

• Ga426owner

Posted June 22, 2006 - 05:28 AM

so i shouldnt hook that line up to my intake?

GD, some will route the breather tube to the airbox if this is what you are trying to convey?
I would only do it if you ride in deep water alot(water can be sucked into the motor) or have a problem in sand dunes sucking sand up your pipe....into your motor.
Do not use it for a beer funnel.......not good :excuseme:

• getdrunk

Posted June 22, 2006 - 03:27 PM

GD, some will route the breather tube to the airbox if this is what you are trying to convey?
I would only do it if you ride in deep water alot(water can be sucked into the motor) or have a problem in sand dunes sucking sand up your pipe....into your motor.
Do not use it for a beer funnel.......not good :excuseme:

well when i had the 400ex motor in the frame the motor had a crank case breather tube that went from the motor to the air intake boot. im still using that air boot for the yz motor thats in the frame. i need to hook that tube from the motor up to the intake boot to fill in the hole or somthing. if i dont then ill suck dirt.

so is it safe or is oil gona come out?

• donutman126

Posted June 22, 2006 - 04:19 PM

well when i had the 400ex motor in the frame the motor had a crank case breather tube that went from the motor to the air intake boot. im still using that air boot for the yz motor thats in the frame. i need to hook that tube from the motor up to the intake boot to fill in the hole or somthing. if i dont then ill suck dirt.

so is it safe or is oil gona come out?

The oil is going to mist out.

• One Louder

Posted June 23, 2006 - 11:30 PM

just plug the hole on the boot and run the line into the airbox :excuseme:

• getdrunk

Posted June 27, 2006 - 03:45 PM

just plug the hole on the boot and run the line into the airbox :excuseme:

i run no air box. how should i plug up the hole? :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.