Trail Tech Vapor (apparently) shipping

16 replies to this topic
  • Fingers

Posted June 20, 2006 - 02:53 AM

I have been waiting for this for months, the website updated today with order links and other info.....

finally, looks like we can order the unit.

• xr650r_Maine

Posted June 20, 2006 - 03:20 AM

I was just there myself. Do you know if they are hard to install/set-up.?. I might be ordering mine today. I`m not good with wiring etc. Cool thanks 4 the heads up :excuseme:

• wickedsprint

Posted June 20, 2006 - 03:29 AM

Wow that is really nice, wonder how easy to tap into all of our sensor wires.

• thouk

Posted June 20, 2006 - 03:53 AM

Hey Y'all,
I am supposed to receive mine on Wednesday. I spoke with one of the techs. He sent me some pictures of the install. It looks like it is as easy as installing all their other units. I am going a little farther though on my install. I am installing the KTM fan. I had them ship me another one of their temp pickup units. I am going to tap my fan's thermoswitch into the that piece. That way I will have the fan turn on at the right temp. I will post some pictures after I get it all installed. Happy riding, Tony

• xr650r_Maine

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:16 AM

Cool keep us informed...

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:23 AM

I ordered mine last week. I hope it gets here soon!

• thouk

Posted June 21, 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hey Y'all,
I received my Vaypor today. I was able to tap into their temp. sensor and place the thermoswitch from the KTM fan into it. That way I will have a cleaner and more correct temp for the fan to cut on at. I should be getting my base gasket in from the Honda dealer in a few days. Then I will rebuild my motor and put the Vaypor on. I can't wait. Happy riding, Tony

Posted June 22, 2006 - 02:52 AM

Got mine lastnight.

Will be doing the install this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • amdderik

Posted June 22, 2006 - 08:04 AM

Will the Vapor work for the 650L?
It only lists a 650R...

• thouk

Posted June 22, 2006 - 02:50 PM

Yes it will. You can go and download the instructions. You are just mounting a magnet to the front disk and the associated pickup. It is not too hard. It would take about a hour to do the full install. Happy riding, Tony

• TheWolf

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:13 PM

Which one should I order for the XR600r? I'm thinking the xr250/400 kit, rather than the xr650 kit. Anyone?

• TrailTech

Posted July 22, 2006 - 03:12 PM

75-402 is your part number - The air-cooled engine temperature sensor production is slow. The air cooled bike are shipping with water sensors. The correct engine temperatue sensor (fits under the spark plug) will be aready in about 6-8 weeks.

• danbart

Posted July 22, 2006 - 06:25 PM

For the XRR is was disappointed by the fact that the inline H2O temp sensor is about 2mm too small in diameter. Called Trailtech and they said that they only make a 23mm (which is what cyou get for the XRR and a 25mm). So you have to stick a 23mm sensor tube in a 25mm radiator hose. Not only am I concerned about leaks, but also about reduced coolant flow.

Other than that the Vapor is a nice piece of equipment.

• xr650r_Maine

Posted July 23, 2006 - 12:26 AM

I just got my Vapor installed, What are you setting your water temp warning at and your high over rev warning. Thanks.

• veetwo tls

Posted July 23, 2006 - 03:24 AM

trailtech are trail tech.
veypor are a totaly different product(original founders & court proceeding are in action against trailtech for using there name)

i run a veypor VR2 & VXB on my streetfighter TLs. there products are top shit & all the fetures these have are well worth every $.

• cbaranski

Posted August 21, 2006 - 08:44 AM

I got mine about 3 weeks ago for my XR600R. And its a sweet deal.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 21, 2006 - 09:12 AM

Is the vapor from TT available now for the XR600R with the under plug temp sensor? If so Ill order one today!!!

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.